Gear recommendations for supermoto?

I am planning on buying my first bike in the next month or so, most likely a DRZ-400sm. I need recommendations for gear. I will probably be doing like 80/20 or 70/30 street to dirt riding. I won't be commuting at all, just hitting country roads and whatever trails I can find. What type of gear should I buy? Do I need two sets, one for street and one for dirt?

This is what I was hoping to get:

1. Helmet: Bell MX-9 Adventure
2. Jacket: Rev'It Airwave 2
3. Gloves: Some sort of gauntlet gloves
4. Pants: ???
5. Boots: Alpinestars Tech 3

My real question is, will these boots be ok on the street and if so, what style pants should I get to go with them? When I eventually do days where I drive to some trails for dirt specific riding, I plan to get MX style armor and jerseys, but for now I want something abrasion resistant for the road, but not too limiting for trails. Will this work, or do I need a set of gear for street and a set of gear for trails?

I'm not set on the gear choices, and I am actively searching craigslist and facebook to cut the cost down. I've never ridden before so I have no experience with any type of motorcycle gear and am a little lost on what to choose between all of the different styles for types of riding. 

Thanks!

I am planning on buying my first bike in the next month or so, most likely a DRZ-400sm. I need recommendations for gear. I will probably be doing like 80/20 or 70/30 street to dirt riding. I won't be commuting at all, just hitting country roads and whatever trails I can find. What type of gear should I buy? Do I need two sets, one for street and one for dirt?
This is what I was hoping to get:
1. Helmet: Bell MX-9 Adventure
2. Jacket: Rev'It Airwave 2
3. Gloves: Some sort of gauntlet gloves
4. Pants: ???
5. Boots: Alpinestars Tech 3
My real question is, will these boots be ok on the street and if so, what style pants should I get to go with them? When I eventually do days where I drive to some trails for dirt specific riding, I plan to get MX style armor and jerseys, but for now I want something abrasion resistant for the road, but not too limiting for trails. Will this work, or do I need a set of gear for street and a set of gear for trails?
I'm not set on the gear choices, and I am actively searching craigslist and facebook to cut the cost down. I've never ridden before so I have no experience with any type of motorcycle gear and am a little lost on what to choose between all of the different styles for types of riding. 
Thanks!
Stock 15/41 is a good compromise. Essentially it's the same as the S models 15/44 after you factor in the tire difference.

Boots are fine as any mx boots offers more protection than a street boot. It really comes down to comfort. Gear that will be abrasion resistant on the street is going to be hot off road. The best compromise I can think of is some of the mesh type street gear.

• Like 1