Welcome Thread for new Beta Buyer's to Check In

I have been eyeing Betas since this past summer when I seen a couple of them on a ride. I have countless hours in YouTube and here researching the brand and bikes.
I currently have a 18’ Husky TE300 with many upgrades...it’s not a bad bike but the Beta has me lured away. I’m leaning towards the 2020 300RE with BYOD...get some stiffer springs and valve work done from the factory to match. Been loving the smoker on our Michigan single track loops, I like the lower seat height of the Beta too.
Has anyone put a Voyager on a 300?

• Like 1

I came off a an older KTM 300. I decided I was putting enough miles/hours on in a year that a new bike was justifiable. I bought one of the last 300RR 2019’s back in August. For me, it was the price point. The Beta had everything I wanted, nothing bad I had read online AND I can just get it street legal. No spending another $500 plus in lights and not to mention an inspection. Also, a visit to the Beta dealer had me sold. They were great to deal with vs my experience with a KTM dealer that doesn’t want to take time to tell you about a bike and answer stupid questions based off internet research. Granted, this is dealer specific, but I love mine so far.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

Collected my 2020 300RR Friday. Rode 3 hours yesterday. Incredible. Will put a ride report together.

Coming off a CRF250x. All my dreams came true - most of them, anyway.

4AA9F5E7-7DAE-4A03-885A-06407261F378.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Helpful 1

Hello, I'm new to dirtbikes, earlier was riding road bikes gsxr, zxr, z750 etc. . .but had few years brake(wife, kids etc)
Now changed to dirtbike after few years on atv CanAm.
I've just bought brand new Beta 250 RR my19, and for some practising and to work out technique also Ajp Pr4 Ultrapassar- not new but good shape
Riding a lot with my 7 years old son on Malaguti Grizzly 1020190920_174831.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

Well, this thread seems like the right thread for my first TT post after being a loooong time lurker.

I am "this close" to pulling the trigger on a 2020 390 RRS, but I am dragging my heels a bit on it....mostly due to the fact that I have a really well sorted, heavily farkled, KTM 500 as my current steed. When I say well farkled, I mean Rekluse clutch, 2 gas tanks, 3 seats, 2 large bins of extra parts, some new, some take offs from when it was brand new, Baja headlight, Voyager speedo and a bunch of other bells and whistles that the previous owner added. I swear he just went through the KTM catalogue and grabbed everything that was orange.

BUT.....

If I'm being completely honest, the bike is beyond my level. I feel like I spend more of my time managing its power than I do just getting after it. I'm not one of these guys that grew up racing dirt bikes. I got into dirt riding in my 30's (now mid forties), and while I like the occasional single track rip, I'm more of a DS/ADV guy. So if I was to go to the 390, it would be to make it a lightweight adv bike.

After a year's worth of research, IF I was to pull the trigger on something, it would be the 390 for the following reasons:

- the bike seems more controllable, from what I hear about the power delivery. The only Beta I've ridden was a buddy's carbed 400 a few years back. SO smooth! I realize that the FI bikes won't be as smooth, but everyone raves about how it's controllable.

- good to go, out of the gate - while my bike is currently sorted, seems like the Betas are tuned the way they need to be from the factory.

- where I live, insurance is expensive. Anything under 400cc is less than half the price of anything over 400cc. I also keep a big cruiser insured year round, so I have to factor that into the bike budget.

- other factors - lower inertia which makes the bike 'feel' lighter even though weight is similar, lower seat height, fit and finish etc.

- it's unique. My cruiser is a Victory, not a Harley. I don't love following the crowd. ?

- there's a new Beta dealer in my town. Small shop, I feel the service would be good and it's 30 min closer than any KTM dealer.

Things not in the Beta's favour:

- my bike is paid for, and it's a really good bike!

Still on the fence, but watching this thread (as well as all the others) to see what decisions people are making and why.

Cord

• Like 3

Well, this thread seems like the right thread for my first TT post after being a loooong time lurker.
I am "this close" to pulling the trigger on a 2020 390 RRS, but I am dragging my heels a bit on it....mostly due to the fact that I have a really well sorted, heavily farkled, KTM 500 as my current steed. When I say well farkled, I mean Rekluse clutch, 2 gas tanks, 3 seats, 2 large bins of extra parts, some new, some take offs from when it was brand new, Baja headlight, Voyager speedo and a bunch of other bells and whistles that the previous owner added. I swear he just went through the KTM catalogue and grabbed everything that was orange.
BUT.....
If I'm being completely honest, the bike is beyond my level. I feel like I spend more of my time managing its power than I do just getting after it. I'm not one of these guys that grew up racing dirt bikes. I got into dirt riding in my 30's (now mid forties), and while I like the occasional single track rip, I'm more of a DS/ADV guy. So if I was to go to the 390, it would be to make it a lightweight adv bike.
After a year's worth of research, IF I was to pull the trigger on something, it would be the 390 for the following reasons:
- the bike seems more controllable, from what I hear about the power delivery. The only Beta I've ridden was a buddy's carbed 400 a few years back. SO smooth! I realize that the FI bikes won't be as smooth, but everyone raves about how it's controllable.
- good to go, out of the gate - while my bike is currently sorted, seems like the Betas are tuned the way they need to be from the factory.
- where I live, insurance is expensive. Anything under 400cc is less than half the price of anything over 400cc. I also keep a big cruiser insured year round, so I have to factor that into the bike budget.
- other factors - lower inertia which makes the bike 'feel' lighter even though weight is similar, lower seat height, fit and finish etc.
- it's unique. My cruiser is a Victory, not a Harley. I don't love following the crowd. [emoji6]
- there's a new Beta dealer in my town. Small shop, I feel the service would be good and it's 30 min closer than any KTM dealer.

Still on the fence, but watching this thread (as well as all the others) to see what decisions people are making and why.

Cord

Pull the trigger, it’s a great bike! My dad and I got 2019 390 rr-s last year. We love them!
  • Like 2

Those of you in Texas with Betas, who is your dealer?  I'm in central Texas.  PM me if you'd rather not list them here. I plan on testing a XTrainer and 200RR next time they're in Smithville. Tired of drooling over these things but not enough coin right now.

Edited by texas angler
spelling
  • Like 1

D squared trials and trails in Amarillo are awesome to work with.

• Like 1

Hello all. Brand new Beta owner here with a 19 390 RRS. Loving it so far. Just finished 10 hrs and doing valve check and other maintenance. Also have the snow bike kit from CAMSO as well so can’t wait to give that a go. 

Tried to insert a picture but it keeps showing up upside down. 

Anyway looking forward to becoming a contributing member. 

• Like 5

BUT.....
- it's unique. My cruiser is a Victory, not a Harley. I don't love following the crowd. ?

Cord

Those are some really good reasons. The 390 is in a class of its own with the stroker engine.

Those of you in Texas with Betas, who is your dealer?  I'm in central Texas.  PM me if you'd rather not list them here. I plan on testing a XTrainer and 200RR next time they're in Smithville. Tired of drooling over these things but not enough coin right now.

Big Country Motorsports in Magnolia. Ronnie is bringing the 2020 300rr to the AMSA family day in Smithville the 18th.

• Like 1

I put a deposit down on a new 300rr RE when they were released. So far it looks like the might be available to ship to dealers Oct 22ish with final delivery early to mid November. Hope it's as awesome as I think it's gonna be.

• Like 3

Thank you for this thread. You may have seen some of my other posts so you know I am hardcore wanting i think a 500 rrs.  I am a serious buyer in spring or if the right deal comes up over winter I will pull the trigger.

Sell me on a Husky or KTM instead (**what i mean here is tell me why Beta is the right choice or not ;))

Sell me on a 350, 390, or 430 instead?

My background is MX but i want you to understand I am not looking for a MX bike made street legal. I do understand most DS will not hit like an MX bike but I still want some hardcore bark when i ask for it.  Street duty will be mostly connecting trails but could be some street and highway duty.

I will do alot of single track with roots and stones but will also encounter some fireroads and more open terrain.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 8:19 PM, bradje said:

Thank you for this thread. You may have seen some of my other posts so you know I am hardcore wanting i think a 500 rrs.  I am a serious buyer in spring or if the right deal comes up over winter I will pull the trigger.

Sell me on a Husky or KTM instead (**what i mean here is tell me why Beta is the right choice or not ;))

Sell me on a 350, 390, or 430 instead?

My background is MX but i want you to understand I am not looking for a MX bike made street legal. I do understand most DS will not hit like an MX bike but I still want some hardcore bark when i ask for it.  Street duty will be mostly connecting trails but could be some street and highway duty.

I will do alot of single track with roots and stones but will also encounter some fireroads and more open terrain.

Not sure about your regulations, but U.S. Austrian bikes are harmed by emissions setup which can be overcome with time and money. The Beta's seem to have a better record of reliability overall, but they have their quirks. 

I've got a 500 and think that the extra cc's keep me ahead of the 450's with more smoother power. Super easy to ride gentle giant, shifting is optional on an MX course with tall gearing, kick it down a gear and twist the throttle after you are sure you know which way it's pointed and you have room to get it stopped because when you light the fuse it's ferocious. I've done more MX than anything and it has nothing to apologize for, well maybe the rider..You won't find a more versatile reliable bike. Do it! There should be some serious deals on 19's, and the new one's are probably worth paying more since the changes were major and you could grab an RE with KYB.

I have a 2019 500rrs and have loved it. Received my order in May. In the shop for warranty repairs... and they don't know when the parts are coming in. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 9:01 AM, velocityjunky said:

Hope it's as awesome as I think it's gonna be.

It'll be awesomer than you think. My 2018 is. 👍

• Like 1

My first Beta is sitting at 30 hours atm. 2019 390 race. Been riding an old 250 2t mx bike for years, spent a lot of timing looking for something that needed less frequent maintenance and was supposed to be reliable. I wanted fuel injection, electric start, lights, street legal, and no more spooge.

Beta seems to have the best package for me at the moment. CRF450X was hard to pass up though.

• Like 4

On 10/15/2019 at 12:13 AM, DentonC said:

I have a 2019 500rrs and have loved it. Received my order in May. In the shop for warranty repairs... and they don't know when the parts are coming in. 

What's wrong with it?

I'm several months behind here, but I picked a 390 RR-S this summer. It's a tasty little thing.

I went Beta because I have penchant for Italian bikes; currently own three Ducatis and an Aprilia. Plus, nearly everyone out here has a KTM or Husky. And I was able to find a great deal o my 390 vs going with a KTM/Husky.

It joins a KTM 250 XC-W TPI and a 690 Enduro R. I love the injected KTM 2T and have not had the issues that nearly everyone seems to parrot. Then again, I'm riding tight woods single track and I'm not even two years into the off-road world.

For me, the Beta was a chance to try these fabled bikes and pick up a street legal machine to ride the trails in the region that require plates. Though I'm now finding that for nearly 90% of the riding I'm doing, the Beta would fit the bill, somewhat making the KTM 250 XC-W irrelevant. And if I picked up a bigger tank, another set of wheels and a Seat Concepts seat, the Beta could also do about 80% of what I use the 690 for.

It's a brilliant machine. I love it.

E5BDB93A-B21E-4737-A2FC-33CFCF563FEB_1_105_c.jpeg.e5e1465cf3d1564d3690e74c036c039d.jpeg

• Like 5