Welcome Thread for new Beta Buyer's to Check In

Can't wait to see some ride reviews of the 300 RR RE. Barring some bad reviews this will be my next bike. Coming from a 2014 KTM 300 XCW.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Josh Rowe said:

What's wrong with it?

Right now I am waiting for a stator and they ordered a rectifier with it. The vibe I got is that they aren't 100% sure that is the charging issue I am having. In the shop they said they were getting 12 volts or higher. I told them I never seen it that high but they probably took the reading straight from the battery when I just used the voyager. 

Another issue is was severe hanging idle that the passive reset didn't fix. When the idle hangs it eventually drops to normal idle. My issue was the idle would stay high just like if you rode around with the choke pulled out on a carb bike. They plugged the bike in and reset the stepper motor and they'll see if that fixes it. 

Ticking noises that definitely aren't normal come and go. Of course it never happened when my friend was around lol. 

Issue with starting. Hold your throttle open and try to start the bike. That's the issue I would have that slowly became more frequent. 

Just general sputtering and bike has just cut out mid ride. I have a rekluse so not a stall. 

My gas cap oring has failed already(nope never over tightened the cap). Same with the orings on the oil fill plugs. Swapped the plugs because the transmission plug wasn't letting oil seep through. Did let less motor oil seep out but now both sides seep. Told the service writer about this and he said he'll get it. Talking today about new tires while they have the bike and he said I was supposed to talk to the parts guy for the orings to get ordered......

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I had a video of some of the noises but had to reset my phone the other day. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bhoth said:

Can't wait to see some ride reviews of the 300 RR RE. Barring some bad reviews this will be my next bike. Coming from a 2014 KTM 300 XCW.

Well i rode it at the muddobbers demo day. I liked it very much,put money down on one.Coming from a 250xcf with DS spheres I really liked the power delivery the bike rode very light.I raced a 2015 250 RR a couple years ago then raced a 250xc before going to a 4T. Had some really good races on it but never really gelled with the engine braking. The sphere set up was better than the small demo ride i had on the KYB but i think it was under sprung for me creating a little mid stroke harshness. I think it wouldn't take much to be great. Maybe just oil height and springs.

• Like 2

Just now, SigPig said:

I asked my dealer to put in an order with Beta Canada for the 2020 250 RR Race Edition today.

Is the AXP Skid Plate with linkage coverage the best option for these bikes?

I rather enjoy mine. It's been exceptionally tough on some hard hits and some very sharp rocks. The install is fairly straight forward though I think the expansion pipe on the 2T bikes may complicate things. I also have an AXP on my KTM 690 Enduro and it's bee just as good for that bike.

An alternative; SXS makes some excellent skidplates. I have one on my 250 XC-W TPI.

37 minutes ago, Ryan Donahue said:

I rather enjoy mine. It's been exceptionally tough on some hard hits and some very sharp rocks. The install is fairly straight forward though I think the expansion pipe on the 2T bikes may complicate things. I also have an AXP on my KTM 690 Enduro and it's bee just as good for that bike.

An alternative; SXS makes some excellent skidplates. I have one on my 250 XC-W TPI.

Thanks, SXS looks like it could be an option. They don't have the 2020's listed yet but with winter rapidly approaching I should have lots of time to look around and decide.

3 minutes ago, SigPig said:

Thanks, SXS looks like it could be an option. They don't have the 2020's listed yet but with winter rapidly approaching I should have lots of time to look around and decide.

If the frame hasn't changed from 2019 to 2020, then any SXS plate should work. I haven't checked, were there updates to the 2020 frame?

New to Beta and new to dirt bikes! A WR250R was my gateway into riding off road, and I fell in love. After 2 years of dual sporting, I wanted to get more serious about dirt riding. I bought a used XTrainer in the spring and have been enjoying it ever since.

This is my first dirt bike, first 2 stroke, first Beta. I’m amazed by the power it has, I can’t believe anyone could want more! Love the lightness and handling, but I’m still very apprehensive, afraid of looping out or otherwise losing control. For now I suppose seat time is the most important thing, I ride in the PNW. Happy Beta owner here.

• Like 5

Just now, MastaBeta said:

New to Beta and new to dirt bikes! A WR250R was my gateway into riding off road, and I fell in love. After 2 years of dual sporting, I wanted to get more serious about dirt riding. I bought a used XTrainer in the spring and have been enjoying it ever since.

This is my first dirt bike, first 2 stroke, first Beta. I’m amazed by the power it has, I can’t believe anyone could want more! Love the lightness and handling, but I’m still very apprehensive, afraid of looping out or otherwise losing control. For now I suppose seat time is the most important thing, I ride in the PNW. Happy Beta owner here.

Whereabouts in the PNWet?

Whereabouts in the PNWet?

I’m in Seattle, have been riding Capitol Forest, Tahuya, Walker Valley, and into parts of northern Oregon.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ryan Donahue said:

If the frame hasn't changed from 2019 to 2020, then any SXS plate should work. I haven't checked, were there updates to the 2020 frame?

New generation frames for 2020.

1 minute ago, SigPig said:

New generation frames for 2020.

Ahh well then, nevermind. If you need a plate now, go with the AXP.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MastaBeta said:

I’m in Seattle, have been riding Capitol Forest, Tahuya, Walker Valley, and into parts of northern Oregon.

Sweet! Holler next time you're down this way and I'll show you around Tillamook.

29 minutes ago, MastaBeta said:

I’m amazed by the power it has, I can’t believe anyone could want more!

They do have a torquey smooth powerband, for sure! :cheers:

1 hour ago, MastaBeta said:

Welcome aboard! There are quite a few NW Beta guys now. Popular bike for our terrain. 

Lots of awesome riding areas in our neck of the woods! 

Enjoy your new ride!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, decon said:

How are the stock Micheline tires?

Good for DOT tires, especially if you run 10psi or under. Not good in grease or mud with shorter knobs. Not as good as a non DOT tire generally, but last well.

New to Beta and motorcycles. Have a bunch of friends that ride dirt bikes and I decided to get into it. Just bought a 2020 300RR and love it. Can't believe I waited this long to get into this sport. Maybe it's a midlife crisis thing (40!)!!

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Adjustments.jpg

Hey! First time Beta owner. Bought a used, with 50 hours, 2017 Xtrainer for 5000. I have a shorter inseam and am excited to finally be off my SUPER tall KTMs.

Though I’ll miss them. Just sold my 2008 KTM 144 that I’ve had since new, and a 250F that I only had for a while because it was waaayyy to tall.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, andy300rr said:

New to Beta and motorcycles. Have a bunch of friends that ride dirt bikes and I decided to get into it. Just bought a 2020 300RR and love it. Can't believe I waited this long to get into this sport. Maybe it's a midlife crisis thing (40!)!!

Take it slow, that's any easy to ride bike, but if you tell it to go, it will!

• Like 1