Dyno near me

I live in South Carolina and I’m curious if anybody knows where I can get a dyno/tune near me? I have 3x3 mrd and jd jet kit. Is it worth it? 

Not really worth it. The reason you paid $90 for $20 worth of jets is for the tuning to already be figured out. If you spend a few hundred more in dyno tuning then I would say you are foolish for not buying a new FCR-MX to begin with.
You're not going to unleash a horsepower genie by going from a 165 to 175 or dropping a clip position. Jetted or not, the carburetor is still strangling the engine.
  • Like 1

A perfectly jetted engine is only perfect if the humidity, temperature and air pressure do not change. If any of those change, the jetting is no longer perfect. Meaning if you are perfect at 11 AM, by 1 PM it will not longer be perfect. So instead, people jet for 'very good'. That covers 98% of the days of the year.

• Like 1

I often wondered how much horsepower my modified drz400 put out. Then I always refer back to the old adage: "Don't ask the question if you can't live with the answer". 😢

6 minutes ago, 76xtdrvr said:

I often wondered how much horsepower my modified drz400 put out. Then I always refer back to the old adage: "Don't ask the question if you can't live with the answer". 😢

Unless you go to a certified brake dyno, any HP number is relative. Meaning on a day of 70 degrees, 30 inches mercury, 50% humidity, with your stock bike and 40 psi in a street tire, you have it pt on a dyno. Then you do engine mods and on an identical day, go to the same dyno and run it again. Then you have a relative increase in power. But arguing about 1 Hp is pointless so in the real world, most dyno runs are fair to use numbers, the thing is, all DRZ's with similar mods make the exact same Hp, so what is the point?

A stock S/SM/E all make the same power now in the US, about 33.5. A old E or kicker made about 39.5 So if a person measures their stocker and gets about that number, any mod will reflect a reasonable value for an increase. Unless the owner did something terribly wrong, the number can be fairly easily guessed due to the number of people who have already done those same modifications. We are not F1 Teams spending millions each day for a single Hp. We are just hoping the deli has fresh Roast Beef.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, William1 said:

the thing is, all DRZ's with similar mods make the exact same Hp, so what is the point?

This is where I have to disagree. I own a white one, and everybody knows they already make the most horsepower.:banana:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1