Just put in Mx-tech revalve

I thought i'd start a new thread , I just got done installing a mx-tech piston and leaf spring along with the revalve on the mid valve, and base valve. I purchased a 2018 with 20hrs , and from the start hated the forks, ,I did get it to where I could have used it, but running it at full out on the clickers, and 260cc of oil, I decided to take the inner chamber out , and have a look.

The bike had a revalve done to it previously after been told it was stock, not knowing anything about revalving I bought the whole mx-tech kit, after picking one of the five pre made stacks , I could easily see mine was setup very stiff, so I've got it all back together and will test it out this weekend, hopefully I installed everything correctly, and I'll update, after I adjust the clickers, the nice thing about buying the kit, is you will learn how to make small changes to the valving to customize it to what you like, it seems pretty intimidating at first, but it's actually pretty easy once your done 

Must have tools vise, 50mm fork tool, and inner cap tool, 48mm fork seal driver.  Propaine torch and digital caliper .These are all tools you probably already have to change seals and oil 

Edited by blewbyou2
  • Like 2

great stuff! looking forward to your ride report ?

which bike ?

Edited by kwekuPaul

4 hours ago, kwekuPaul said:

great stuff! looking forward to your ride report ?

which bike ?

A 150sx. I've got stock wp charts ,for 125/150 and250  450.etc ,they actually have simular valving, 

Simply amazing, everything I could ask for , didn't even have to see my lap times, I was attacking every part of the track better, to the point it was scaring me, keep in mind my forks were valved very stiff before, everyone I talked to said go soft so I did the endero stack , so glad I did, running 140 psi hot sitting on the ground on air pressure and 7 and 7 on the clickers , since I was previously running 260cc oil I left that alone in the air side and went 240cc in the other,  blended very well with my shock, I could hit chop, and braking bumps at full throttle. And it dug in and floated nice, best suspension I've had to date. Even better then my enzo kyb stuff, and spent a quarter of the cost

• Like 3

Simply amazing, everything I could ask for , didn't even have to see my lap times, I was attacking every part of the track better, to the point it was scaring me, keep in mind my forks were valved very stiff before, everyone I talked to said go soft so I did the endero stack , so glad I did, running 140 psi hot sitting on the ground on air pressure and 7 and 7 on the clickers , since I was previously running 260cc oil I left that alone in the air side and went 240cc in the other,  blended very well with my shock, I could hit chop, and braking bumps at full throttle. And it dug in and floated nice, best suspension I've had to date. Even better then my enzo kyb stuff, and spent a quarter of the cost
Did you do the A48 R cap too or just the leaf midvalve kit? I'm seriously considering doing this

3 hours ago, urmom said:
On 9/28/2019 at 12:38 PM, blewbyou2 said:

Read more  

Did you do the A48 R cap too or just the leaf midvalve kit? I'm seriously considering doing this

No cap, to be honest, I had been looking at the kit, and knew I would get it, but had not pulled the trigger, someone on one of my Facebook groups put a kit up for sale for 120.00 and I thought I can't pass that up, and I can't wait and procrastinate or its gone, so I bought it, in two days it showed up, I installed it the next afternoon, and it was just one of those things, that was just meant to be I guess, again my bike was revalve horribly to begin with so it was a big deal for me, but, I can say as it sits in my garage it's the best handling bike I've rode to date, and I've owned well over 30 bikes in my past

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urmom said:
On 9/28/2019 at 12:38 PM, blewbyou2 said:

Read more  

No cap, to be honest, I had been looking at the kit, and knew I would get it, but had not pulled the trigger, someone on one of my Facebook groups put a kit up for sale for 120.00 and I thought I can't pass that up, and I can't wait and procrastinate or its gone, so I bought it, in two days it showed up, I installed it the next afternoon, and it was just one of those things, that was just meant to be I guess, again my bike was revalve horribly to begin with so it was a big deal for me, but, I can say as it sits in my garage it's the best handling bike I've rode to date, and I've owned well over 30 bikes in my past

• Like 1

Let me say it like this, we all have had forks that we  turned the clickers and played with em , and they would do something really good, but at the sacrifice of something else, my fork just does everything pretty darn good

Awesome. I'll pass on the cap then. I've been all over the place with clickers and air pressure, I have it pretty good but but the forks on my 13xc were better. Nice looking bike by the way. Mines a 19 250xc

Let me say it like this, we all have had forks that we  turned the clickers and played with em , and they would do something really good, but at the sacrifice of something else, my fork just does everything pretty darn good
14992.jpeg
  • Like 1