Husaberg bent frame and bending it back

Hey guys,

I have an 09 FE570 and the frame is slightly bent inward where the left peg is attached. As far as I can tell It’s touching the the chain guide on the swingarm but the not touching the swingarm itself. But it’s also causing the kickstand to not only rub the swingarm when it travels but it’s also bending the bolt that holds the kickstand in. 

Is there any way to safely bend it back even just a little bit? Heat or no heat? 

I could probably try and space out the kickstand and just let it self clearance on the chain guide but I’d prefer to have it “repaired” correctly. 

Thanks!

The correct repair is not cheap or easy. New Frame. Next mtehod is to strip the frame, use a press with the frame properly setup on a jig and heat the bends, pulling/pushing it back into the correct position. The other extreme is to chain it to a tree and use a winch to pull it 'straight'. A 'fixed' frame will always be weaker at the point of the bend and a similar crash will bend it again. You may want to post pictures of the damage to get possibly more reasoned responses.

Sorry, it sux.

• Helpful 1

22 minutes ago, William1 said:

The correct repair is not cheap or easy. New Frame. Next mtehod is to strip the frame, use a press with the frame properly setup on a jig and heat the bends, pulling/pushing it back into the correct position. The other extreme is to chain it to a tree and use a winch to pull it 'straight'. A 'fixed' frame will always be weaker at the point of the bend and a similar crash will bend it again. You may want to post pictures of the damage to get possibly more reasoned responses.

Sorry, it sux.

Yeah as I was typing it I was about to add some pix but then realized they're buried deep in the 5000+ pix currently on my phone. ? I'll take new ones tomorrow for sure.  Totally understand the drawbacks. I've just been wrestling with this kickstand for so long I'd like it to be done! I went though 3 bolts before I finally figured out what it was Hahaha

2 hours ago, Sal Khan said:

Yeah as I was typing it I was about to add some pix but then realized they're buried deep in the 5000+ pix currently on my phone. ? I'll take new ones tomorrow for sure.  Totally understand the drawbacks. I've just been wrestling with this kickstand for so long I'd like it to be done! I went though 3 bolts before I finally figured out what it was Hahaha

You may be abler to come up with a solution that does not entail a major fix. Not as good as new but certainly serviceable. Pictures should be directly at the point of impact and 90 degrees from it, to clearly define the fault. Be sure the bike is very clean to make it obvious. Sometimes, a ruler along a bend can also help define.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

The more I look at it the more I think you’re right and I’m better off making the kickstand work rather than messing with the frame. Would be simpler too!

Sorry about the rotated images! Uploading from mobile web  

07FC7400-BFE1-4A07-8147-A0EF89437130.jpeg.50fa084c98218efd169d08bf12aed3ce.jpeg

878F5597-90C5-4F61-9B75-CC2E0216E518.jpeg

ADD9A238-A9A2-47E6-81ED-8855B11CB050.jpeg

Edited by Sal Khan

5 minutes ago, DEATH_INC. said:

I'm with you, that looks like a cast frame section, I wouldn't want to mess with trying to straighten it.

9 minutes ago, William1 said:

Yeah, I'd just work the stand to fit.

Really appreciate the input guys! I added 2 washers behind the stand to space it out a bit further. Only issue is the bottom, coarse threaded, torx stop bolt may not come out far enough to stop the stand (problem I was having before) and the combined weight of the bike and softness of the aluminum stand would make the torx “dig” into the stand, and then the stand would glide over the stop and things would get ugly. 

Long story short: once I replace some hardware I should be good. Either that or I’ll just find a tree. Plenty of those in PA. Hahaha?

1 minute ago, Sal Khan said:

Really appreciate the input guys! I added 2 washers behind the stand to space it out a bit further. Only issue is the bottom, coarse threaded, torx stop bolt may not come out far enough to stop the stand (problem I was having before) and the combined weight of the bike and softness of the aluminum stand would make the torx “dig” into the stand, and then the stand would glide over the stop and things would get ugly. 

Long story short: once I replace some hardware I should be good. Either that or I’ll just find a tree. Plenty of those in PA. Hahaha?

I'd take the stand off, put in a vise or on a press, heat to cherry red and give it a slight bend. Steel has little problem being heated and slight bent. Worse case it you have to just buy a stand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William1 said:

I'd take the stand off, put in a vise or on a press, heat to cherry red and give it a slight bend. Steel has little problem being heated and slight bent. Worse case it you have to just buy a stand.

Aaaaw maaaan? And ruin that shiny black finish? ??