CanAm Defender pictures and reviews

EDIT:  Just realized I put this in the wrong sub-forum... DOH! ?

Moderator, please feel free to move to UTV-SXS if you want.  My apologies.

Hey guys & gals,

I did a search and didn't find a topic already started.  So, here is my '19 HD8 DPS.  Hoping you will post up pictures and reviews of your Defenders.

I live where there is no plowing, and we get huge powdery snow.  Bought this new with a 2 year warranty. Also came with wheels/tires.  Because this is more of a tool than a toy, I bought only what was required to do the "Job", to keep the price down.   That "job" is getting us from down at the base of the mountain where the car and truck park, up to the house in the winter.  Thes pictures are where the driveway is during summer.  

For options the dealer added a soft cab, heater, radiator block plate for winter, glass windshield with wiper/washer, street license kit (turn signals, horn, mirrors, license plate light), bed rails, along with the multipurpose tracks and the wide flares.  Just that was a bit over $23K out the door.  The idea is to build a removable top and cover over the bed for the winter, to haul the dogs, groceries, supplies, etc..

What would I change, if I had some extra cash?:  Hard top, and rear glass window with slider.  

Likes: Fuel injection starts and runs flawless. Great power for my use. Large fuel tank, and seems to have good fuel economy.  Large bed, not sure, but I think this is the biggest bed in the class right now;  Easy to maneuver with tight turning radius (single wheel drive switch). Tires wear like iron.  Easily runs 55mph on the road (on tires). Great visability.  Great headlights. Easy to get in and out of.  Control layout is intuitive.  Easy and quick (less than an hour) to switch from tracks to tires & vice-versa.  Heater integration with defrost vents, works excellent.  Dash has great cubies for storing gloves, etc..  4 cup holders (center seat folds down with 2 cup holders).  Removable Glove Box.  Soft doors are very easy to remove. For such a short wheelbase it handles great on rough roads with tight turns at road speeds.  I like the way the cab integrates into the ROPs.

Dislikes:  Loud!... really loud! Not the exhaust note so much, as just the engine noise. The track system requires the intake for the belt cooler to run behind the driver's seat (more noise);  Seating is bolt upright (makes a kitchen table chair feel like a recliner);  Very thin plastic floors.  Easily get punched through by sticks, and rocks kicked up by front tires;  Lots of heat in the cab, even with the heater turned off.  It's like the front of the cab isn't sealed from the radiator;   Have to keep the ice cleaned away from the axle CV boots. Ice builds up quick, and will slice right through the boots.

Would I buy it again?:  Oh you betcha, eh!  Other than the engine noise and bolt upright seating, all the other dislikes are small potatoes.  The "Likes" way out weigh the dislikes.  That said, I'm not a fan boy.  Would I look at a Polaris, Honda, or Artic Cat, when the time comes to buy a 4 seater?  Oh you betcha!  I would also really like to drive the new Pro version.  It looks to be on the four seater frame, with a longer bed.  That should help move the engine away from the small cab.  Down the road when I win the lottery, maybe I'd trade this in on the Pro version...

If you have a defender, please post up pictures and a review!  :cheers:

In-the-Driveway.jpg

Driveway-at-Cabin.jpg

The-end.jpg

Pathway-into-the-garage.jpg

Edited by sheath
Wrong sub forum