450X Front End Weak Spots? (Plus Video)

I ran out of skill a couple times while trail riding my 2017 450X last week. Went down pretty hard on the right side, my Tusk hand guards taking most of the brunt (broke a bracket and bent another one). 

How robust are the triples and forks on these bikes? The front looks a little tweaked (fender doesn’t align with wheel, but I’m not sure if it ever did?), and I’m pretty sure at least the bars are bent a touch. Hoping I can just loosen the triples and things will settle, but maybe not. Hopefully forks are straight?

Edited by TomTucker

4 hours ago, TomTucker said:

I ran out of skill a couple times while trail riding my 2017 450X last week. Went down pretty hard on the right side, my Tusk hand guards taking most of the brunt (broke a bracket and bent another one). 

How robust are the triples and forks on these bikes? The front looks a little tweaked (fender doesn’t align with wheel, but I’m not sure if it ever did?), and I’m pretty sure at least the bars are bent a touch. Hoping I can just loosen the triples and things will settle, but maybe not. Hopefully forks are straight?

When your fender doesn’t line up with your front tire, it means your forks are twisted in the triple clamps. This is easily fixed by putting the bike on the stand, loosening the clamps and re-torquing the pinch bolts to spec. You may need to also loosen the steering stem nut when doing this to allow your triple clamps to realign.

Edited by CSAR FE
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Frenchytoast said:

Also check to make sure that your bar mounts are not bent 

True... if this is the case, let me know... I have dozens of stock OEM barmounts taken off bikes that I've installed stabilizers on over the years... you pay shipping and they're yours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CRF DOC said:

True... if this is the case, let me know... I have dozens of stock OEM barmounts taken off bikes that I've installed stabilizers on over the years... you pay shipping and they're yours.

Sending you a PM.