CRF110 2019/2020 original oil level

Hi all,

I am new to the forums so I didn't read any forum rules yet, but I have a really urgent question. 

Today I picked up my new CRF110 2019/2020 (Not sure if it is 2019 of 2020, but that will be another post), originally Honda always puts break-in oil in the engine to run with for the first hour, hour-and-a-half. It was build up at the dealer I bought it from, it just came out of crate 20 minutes before I arrived, because it was special ordered for me. We both were in the assumption that there would be (enough) oil in the engine and they had it run for about 10 minutes, I have had it run for about 10 minutes and did some riding with it on the streets, low speed and just going through the gears when I felt that shifting was not going smoothly. So about 30-40 minutes run time, we went to check the oil level and there was no oil on the dipstick. We added about 350-450ml of oil before we saw some oil on the dipstick. Is this normal in a new CRF110?

Less oil of course means less oil to slush around and less load on the engine, 600-650ml could be enough just for break in, but I want to make sure this is not an issue.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Yannick van Vugt

The dealer puts oil in the bike. Take it back. That is way too low on oil for a new bike. Or any bike for that matter.

Usually the cam scores before any bottom end damage but if it wasn't shifting smooth you may have some serious issues.

No, it is not normal for any bike to be low on oil.

Take it back, there may (likely) be engine damage. They forgot to fill it or did it incorrectly.

I have never heard of running it half full for break in... Because that is not correct.

In the future I suggest fully checking over anything anyone else gives you, this being a good example why.

Edited by mbrick