Best Gasket sealant and cylinder gauge

I have a 2005 yz250. Gonna rebuild it next spring but i'm looking for a good gasket sealant to use with tusk gasket which is made of paper. I have seen the Gasgacinch sealant sealer and Permatex High Tack Gasket Sealant so far. Would a telescopic gauge be good enough to measure the cylinder or do I need a dial bore gauge?

14 minutes ago, yz_mik3 said:

I have a 2005 yz250. Gonna rebuild it next spring but i'm looking for a good gasket sealant to use with tusk gasket which is made of paper. I have seen the Gasgacinch sealant sealer and Permatex High Tack Gasket Sealant so far. Would a telescopic gauge be good enough to measure the cylinder or do I need a dial bore gauge?

Which gasket are you so concerned about that you’re shopping for sealers? I’ve never used anything but grease on my gaskets...well except for yamabond between the cases

just the top end. I don't think its really leaking much now but I just want to make sure its 100% when I rebuild it.

Would a telescopic gauge be good enough to measure the cylinder or do I need a dial bore gauge?

You need a dial bore gauge and micrometer to measure properly.