YZ250 L/H Crankcase HELP shift drum cover?

So I have a 2009 YZ250, water went through the whole bottom end shortly after 2nd hand buy so tore down cases, stock cases were a bit beat up in places so bought some 2nd hand 2007 or 2006 crank cases, not sure. Engine is nearly back together and i went to fill up with 80-90 and noticed i was missing a cover/plate on the L/H side that goes over the shift drum (Just below the output sprocket). I looked at my old case and there is no cover its just built into the crank case.

After searching schematics and blog posts for the past hour and a half I've turned to the knowledge of you lot! What on earth is this cover and where can I find it? kind of annoyed i hadn't picked up on it earlier. I have a picture of my stock case and the cover missing on my "new cases"

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

Here in the states they added the neutral switch in 2011 I think. Before that they looked like your bottom photo, no hole. After that they look like your top photo with the open hole for the switch. I think Europe and other markets got the switch earlier. If your bike doesn’t have wires for it in the harness you could just make a plate and gasket and bolt it on to seal/cover. If your bike does have wires for the neutral switch you may consider tracking one down. In the parts diagrams it’s under Electric 1

6 minutes ago, Kinger317 said:

If the switches are cheap, bold one on just for a cover not plugged into anything. Check out eBay

Thank you chief, id say my cases are Australian or Nz imports 

• Like 1