Is this normal????

37 minutes ago, Marcrichardson72 said:

This is the first major part broken so far. It’s weird because the bike was running fine then started getting a false neutral so figured I would just be replacing shift drum and shift forks but who knows what else I am going to find by the time I get the cases split.

IMG_2422.JPG

Whew if it ran fine before, Your gonna love it now! You'll be flapping off the back like a flag:ride:

That thing was used and abused and I would absolutely put a full kit in

This is my first two-stroke YZ 250. I pulled the oil plug to drain the oil and this is what the oil looked like coming out of the motor. Something tells me something doesn’t look right. I know if my oil on my DRZ 400 came out looking like this there would be a problem. Does anyone know why this looks like this?IMG_2408.thumb.JPG.799b18689d5893b1070d673e3094398b.JPG

Most likely it is your water pump seal. Pretty easy fix depending on what bike

On 9/28/2019 at 1:27 AM, Marcrichardson72 said:

This is my first two-stroke YZ 250. I pulled the oil plug to drain the oil and this is what the oil looked like coming out of the motor. Something tells me something doesn’t look right. I know if my oil on my DRZ 400 came out looking like this there would be a problem. Does anyone know why this looks like this?IMG_2408.JPG

Water my friend . Bad seals or gasket

On 9/28/2019 at 1:27 AM, Marcrichardson72 said:

This is my first two-stroke YZ 250. I pulled the oil plug to drain the oil and this is what the oil looked like coming out of the motor. Something tells me something doesn’t look right. I know if my oil on my DRZ 400 came out looking like this there would be a problem. Does anyone know why this looks like this?IMG_2408.JPG

2 stroke ??? With coffe cream in it 

No way for water pump seal to allow the coolant into the transmission oil unless the week hole is plugged and both the coolant and oil seal are bad. 

Bad right side gasket is the only way for coolant to get into transmission, or case is cracked. 

Another way is hot engine, deep water crossing and it sucked up through the breather. Not as likely as gasket. 

Carry on. 

• Helpful 2

No way for water pump seal to allow the coolant into the transmission oil unless the week hole is plugged and both the coolant and oil seal are bad. 
Bad right side gasket is the only way for coolant to get into transmission, or case is cracked. 
Another way is hot engine, deep water crossing and it sucked up through the breather. Not as likely as gasket. 
Carry on. 

Your wrong about the seal!

1 hour ago, Twsjeep said:

No, there are 2 seals with air gap. Tell me, how does coolant jump the air gap? 

Unless this is a real old water cooled YZ250 that only has one seal between coolant and transmission. Don’t think there is a model like that.

Carry on. 

Edited by 2SYZDOC

13 hours ago, 2SYZDOC said:

No, there are 2 seals with air gap. Tell me, how does coolant jump the air gap? 

Unless this is a real old water cooled YZ250 that only has one seal between coolant and transmission. Don’t think there is a model like that.

Carry on. 

I’ve seen multiple bikes where the weep hole was plugged by somebody because it was leaking. That’s how it gets in, lazy or unintelligent people. 

2 hours ago, Bricktop72 said:

I’ve seen multiple bikes where the weep hole was plugged by somebody because it was leaking. That’s how it gets in, lazy or unintelligent people. 

Lol I've done that out on the trail, jam a stick in. I think I removed when repaired and sold ?

21 hours ago, 2SYZDOC said:

Carry on. 

6 hours ago, Bricktop72 said:

Exactly! 

21 hours ago, Twsjeep said:

Please read to enlighten yourself. 

Carry on.