Drz 400s jd jet power bomb & core 4 UK

Hey guys I've got a drz 400s 7800miles with a fmf power bomb and power core 4 exhaust, 3 x 3 air box mod and jd jet kit. I followed the instructions from the jd jet kit but it smelt like it was over fueling said a friend riding behind me it also when standard used to wheelie by just pulling the rev Wot in second but doesn't seem to do that anymore so feels like I've lost power, I'm not sure it's because the exhaust takes low end torque and makes it high end or my tuning is off. I've looked at other forums but most not in the UK and advice would be much appreciated. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking because I'm pretty much sea level

4th clip blue pin
2.75 screw
Which I think I have done but lost power, I'm no wheelie kind of guy but when you do power mods and lose this ease to wheelie these surely a power loss

Yea I bought the exhaust and a jet kit thinking it would just work and put them on at the same time
Don't the instructions say to use a larger main for a full exhaust? I've heard the newest kits now recommend a 170.

I would double check to make sure everything is assembly correctly. I did the 3x3, jet kit , and a White Bros slip on at the same time many years ago. The bike gained power everywhere.

Are you guys at sea level? I think I'm around 0-300 meters. it does suggest the biggest jet in the kit with a performance exhaust but it smelt of fuel and didn't increase in performance
The lower the elevation, the more oxygen available, the richer the settings need to be. Get the service manual, double check the float level and verify you assembled everything correctly.

My instruction which I followed but since doing some research the 25 isn't suited I'm better with the 22.5 since I don't have the extended screw but I'm not sure how I'd need it. I'll strip it out when I get chance clean it up and spend care rebuilding20190929_185513.jpeg

My instruction which I followed but since doing some research the 25 isn't suited I'm better with the 22.5 since I don't have the extended screw but I'm not sure how I'd need it. I'll strip it out when I get chance clean it up and spend care rebuilding20190929_185513.jpeg.17a1194877cfe7347221cd79f80703c3.jpeg
It's my understanding they have updated the kit to include richer mains and better instructions concerning exhaust and cam.
JD Jetting is known for their customer service. You should call them direct tomorrow.
  • Like 1

It's an American number which I was expecting so I've emailed them through the contact on the website I'll let you know how it goes. Much appreciate the help would be great to get it running right again it's so disheartening to ride it and feel its lost power

I've had my reply from jd they've said that "With your exhaust , the bike will not need more than a 160 main jet .
The updated settings are for the new Akropovick race exhaust that has a very large header." I've asked what they suggest and told my 160 main 25 pilot and blue pin 4th clip 2 1/2 turn screw so I'll try this when I get chance