2010 Yz125 jetting

Alright,So I finally finished my yz125 build and take it for a little rip behind my house where there is some blm land just to make sure everything was working okay. Bike ran crisp with no bogging or anything of the sort but after the ride my swing arm was covered in spooge. Along with my brand new wheels which I wasn’t really happy about [emoji23]. Bike is ridden is Vegas and out at Mesquite. If anyone has any jetting suggestions I’d be more than happy to take your advice. I’m running 32:1 Castor 927 on 91 octane. And yes I plan on buying some higher quality fuel in the near future just haven’t had time to go out and buy it. If it helps any bike will ONLY be ridden at mx tracks and I’m a mid B pack rider.

2 hours ago, _MountainRider_ said:

Alright,So I finally finished my yz125 build and take it for a little rip behind my house where there is some blm land just to make sure everything was working okay. Bike ran crisp with no bogging or anything of the sort but after the ride my swing arm was covered in spooge. Along with my brand new wheels which I wasn’t really happy about emoji23.png. Bike is ridden is Vegas and out at Mesquite. If anyone has any jetting suggestions I’d be more than happy to take your advice. I’m running 32:1 Castor 927 on 91 octane. And yes I plan on buying some higher quality fuel in the near future just haven’t had time to go out and buy it. If it helps any bike will ONLY be ridden at mx tracks and I’m a mid B pack rider.

Based on jetting app it's calling for this, I start Abit richer but it's been pretty close so far 

Screenshot_20190928-065321.png

4 hours ago, _MountainRider_ said:

I’m running 32:1 Castor 927

927 is a high flash point oil.

Assuming that you're jetting and engine condition is good, this will still spooge pretty good unless you're really wringing it out.

• Like 1

Stock jetting specs are a pretty good starting point, though I'd be tempted to try a #37.5 pilot jet.

As Zomby woof suggested I'd rather look into another more 'trail/off-road' friendly lower flash point premix oil.

Lucas, Interceptor.

Edited by mlatour

Just run 30-1 Yamalube 2R and close to stock jetting. Due to the altitude your likely going to be close to one step leaner on main.  Stock or 1/2 step(get a half step needle) leaner on the needle and a step down on the pilot and tune the air screw.

• Like 2

927 has synthetic group 5 oil and castor oil and is one of the most highly protective oils on the market. By its viscosity at upper cylinder temps of a water cooled 125cc my oil ratio calculator says it should be 45:1 (the 60:1 I said was just going off my faulty memory. sorry)