Suzuki RM250 1989 setup needed

Hi out there, i have a 1989 Suzuki RM250, the bike runs really goor except the suspension. It has stock forks and ahock, the spring rate is already set for my weight but the damping is way too soft.

My weight is 73kg without gear, i am a 46 Year old, fast B class rider, tending to a slower A.

Please help me out with a good shock and forks setup, the bike is really fast but "undersuspensioned" for its fastness.

So if you know the suspension of this bike and have a good setup with a good amount of support for rough tracks please be so kind and share it with me. 

I can and want to do the shock and forks by myself, i want to avoid the trial and error game as much as possible.

Thanks a lot for your time, Michael

1 hour ago, mxaniac said:

When was the last time the fluid was changed and the nitrogen recharged?

Changed it a couple of rides ago, nitrogene as in the manual, dont know right now. I know that too little nitrogene makes the shock feel soft...

Have you adjusted the clickers stiffer ? Correct springs and sag set?

On 29. September 2019 at 9:14 AM, mog said:

Have you adjusted the clickers stiffer ? Correct springs and sag set?

Hi mog, sag is o.k. compression is all the way in.

The shock feels mushy and doesn't give enough support over whoops and there is also a feeling of blowing through the stroke on rollers.

Same with the forks, they feel like they ride to deep in the stroke. Maybe a little more preload on the forks, I am currently on a vacation, will tear down the suspension when I am at home again and tell you the existing shimstacks.

Thanks, Michael

Hi Michael , I would not be surprised if the piston bands in the shock and fork are worn ,and possibly the bores ,giving blow by ,so the damping is less than it should be , you could try thicker oils but a revalve would also help loads