PW 50 help

I bought a 2012 pw 50 for my kids and it seems like it isnt running right. It will seem like it is loading up at times and when the throttle is opened up it just seems bogged down? the restrictor plate is out of the exhaust and the oil injection system is still hooked up and running yamalube 2s. Brand new spark plug also. It also seems like it is smoking quite a bit, could the crank seals be bad?

Not crank seals ........ Choke is on ....  lever on top , near handlebar cross piece ..    can see it in video ..   also ,  they run rich like that with no load on engine ..... take off choke , let him , or you ride it ... I rode mine .  I'm  5'5"  160 #....

Agreed.

If you leave the choke lever (Yamaha calls it the starter lever) flipped up, it'll run like that.

Flip the choke/starter lever down and push the cable down with your finger to ensure the choke/starter cable is fully in the OFF position.

Also, I'd clean and oil the foam air filter if you just bought this bike, and do that fairly often.

If the guy you bought it from did not give you the Owner's Manual, I'd get one, or read it on the Yamaha consumer website.

Edited by YZEtc