Would you buy this

Has any one herd of slingshotracing , ssr ,parts. They have a lowering link that I was thinking about , for a 02 crf 450 on ebay. Don`t know if they are a U S or china co.

Very weak website. You want cheap, you will get what you pay for.

Google Earth them. Warehouses and oil depot. Probably a mail drop.

Please, in the future, at least make the effort and post a link.

OK willy. Thanks I`m not sure how to post a link , sorry. I had a name brand link , and sold it a few years ago. I was not cheap , so I thought may be his one mite be ok , for an old bike. I see you are emotional lol.

1 hour ago, tjg53 said:

OK willy. Thanks I`m not sure how to post a link , sorry. I had a name brand link , and sold it a few years ago. I was not cheap , so I thought may be his one mite be ok , for an old bike. I see you are emotional lol.

Not emotional in the least. Why ask if you do not want to hear peoples thoughts. I have zero money in this. Nothing to lose. Just keep in mind, these days with easy competition online, there are very, very few price gougers, all have small margins. To drop prices, you have to cut back someplace. Call them on the phone. See what kind of response you get. One thing I do when checking out a business is contact them and tell them I have a problem with a product, see what they do.

To post a link, simply copy from the browser and paste. Nothing fancy

https://www.slingshotracing.net/catalog/

To be fair, I did a bit of Googling, that anyone could easily do. Seems the parts are all Chinese knockoffs of varying quality. My original suspicions confirmed, a drop shipper of parts. Caveat Emptor

1 hour ago, MentalGuru said:

Says the guy who rocks a big Pee avatar....    🤣

If anyone can identify my current avatar I'll give you an e dollar. 🤣

26 minutes ago, BOAB said:

If anyone can identify my current avatar I'll give you an e dollar. 🤣

Ne Obliviscaris.   Windir Cowboys either Sture and Hvall .

14 minutes ago, MentalGuru said:

Ne Obliviscaris.   Windir Cowboys either Sture and Hvall .

Damn you're close. The late great Valfar

• Helpful 1

7 hours ago, William1 said:

Very weak website. You want cheap, you will get what you pay for.

Google Earth them. Warehouses and oil depot. Probably a mail drop.

Please, in the future, at least make the effort and post a link.

I just took a dive into figuring out what dropshipping was.  I don't think I can buy anything online the same way again.

10 hours ago, ReaptheHeat said:

I just took a dive into figuring out what dropshipping was.  I don't think I can buy anything online the same way again.

Some are good organizations, some terribly flaky. They have next to no investment so they could be great one time and terrible the next. Not having inventory means they can close up shop today and reopen tomorrow with the only investment being a new name. The good ones have great relationships and when you place an order, the item is shipped from whatever warehouse asap. Others, accumulate orders for days, weeks, even months then send them all at once to get a single order volume discount.

The test is the phone call, where you state you made an order, lost the receipt and want a replacement or refund. see what their response is. Send an email, see how long and how professionally they respond. I've done this with a few TT Insiders (site sponsors) just to see if they were as good as all the hype. All the ones I tested passed. :Hi, I got X a few weeks back and it is broken, you have a no question  guarantee. Please replace it." To which the response has always been "Sure, name, mailing address, it will be shipped tomorrow. we are sorry our product failed you." I have a laptop battery. In warranty. The company is just an address. Actually based in China. Google Earth shows a trucking depot. Phone calls always go to voice mail, emails not returned. My credit card company will bounce the charge (or absorb it, I guess as it is a year later) so I am covered. Just a $17 battery but the principle.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1