I received a new aftermarket Keihin PWK 38 with some parts in trade and at the moment the only bike I could possibly use it on would be the CRF230F.  Mostly stock with ported intake and open air filter and 250X exhaust.

Too much carb? or with some jetting mods would it work? Thoughts on jetting to start off with?  Came stock with Keihin #55 pilot #170 Main

Did a a search here and Google but brought up nothing.

For any carb over 32mm on a 230f:
34,36 or 38 mm carb:
Custom, 1 off, oversized intake valve(s)
Custom, 1off, porting.
Custom,1 off, intake manifold.
Custom 1 off air filter housing to carb hose.
Sounds like a 4 valve Suzuki cylinder head with 300cc build for Greenhuman

Of purchase a new 300 cc klx and shoe horn the engine in a 230 just so you can use a 38 mm carb. (Maybe)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, adnohguy said:

For any carb over 32mm on a 230f:
34,36 or 38 mm carb:
Custom, 1 off, oversized intake valve(s)
Custom, 1off, porting.
Custom,1 off, intake manifold.
Custom 1 off air filter housing to carb hose.
Sounds like a 4 valve Suzuki cylinder head with 300cc build for Greenhuman

Of purchase a new 300 cc klx and shoe horn the engine in a 230 just so you can use a 38 mm carb. (Maybe)

Kinda figured that would be the case, lol.  It's a 450X frame so maybe it's time to finally find a larger motor for this frankin bike. :D

I looked at a used Yamaha Tenere 250 a couple of weeks ago.  Prior to going over there to take a look, I asked the seller on the phone if his model had EFI or a carb.  He said it had the expensive Keihin PWK pumper carb (?)   Geez never seen one of them.  So I headed over there and  the bike had EFI.  Geez.  I don't know what that guy was smokin'.

• Like 1

I looked at a used Yamaha Tenere 250 a couple of weeks ago.  Prior to going over there to take a look, I asked the seller on the phone if his model had EFI or a carb.  He said it had the expensive Keihin PWK pumper carb (?)   Geez never seen one of them.  So I headed over there and  the bike had EFI.  Geez.  I don't know what that guy was smokin'.
That goes along with my friend. He had a 01 Dodge turbo Diesel sitting for years. I asked for months to buy it. Many times asked him 5 so stick or 6 sp. It had no shift ball he said many times 5 sp. Had it towed from beach to my house. 6sp stick wow owner does not know how many gears
There is your 38mm PWK on a 125 stock. But not a four stroke and that one is bored out to 39.5mm. [emoji2956]3D18B83C-418C-4F8C-A607-58B8192FCCEA.thumb.jpeg.348a2bf053732fb9c3bf55f3b9dad8be.jpeg67ECD14F-2D66-444B-8F3D-7A4905381FFF.thumb.jpeg.4acb3333bcd6623e0e1241c2bbf0f5d5.jpeg
I be there in a month I want to ride it
  • Haha 1