Mrd quiet insert

Yeah ear plugs or headphone style earplugs are pretty much necessary with this exhaust but worth it in my opinion and to be honest I was quite anti-mrd very loud exhaust before I got it and got use to it but I love it and quality is unsurpassed in my opinion

I use the insert. It softens the blow to a sufficient level to me. 

I used to ride with earplugs back when I owned an FZ with an akro exhaust. Honestly I think the MRD is a bit more quiet. Most of the time I ride with my Sena. Also a good helmet will block some DBs. I run a Shoei RF1200

My son made this for me on a 5 axis okuma mill, the top OD is the same as the muffler core, forcing exhaust to go through 1 inch hole then out the three slots then out all of the small holes. It was more quiet than the mrd quiet core, but still too loud for me. Guess I am just too old.

15700053761822036069570.jpg

• Like 2

I put the quiet insert in recently trying to quiet it a bit. Honestly don't really notice much difference. I wouldn't spend the money on it. Just accept that this is going to be a loud bike unless you go back to a stock exhaust

On 10/3/2019 at 4:21 PM, Bm1997 said:

I put the quiet insert in recently trying to quiet it a bit. Honestly don't really notice much difference. I wouldn't spend the money on it. Just accept that this is going to be a loud bike unless you go back to a stock exhaust

Sell me yours