Steg Pegz

I run the leg pegz- same concept on my YZ450. They are awesome for having something to grip onto.  at 6'3" my knees are over the top of the seat.  They dont get in the way and are an advantage for taller riders in my opinion.

• Like 1

Ive got a set of Sten Pegz on my YZ250FX.  I'm not 100% sold on them.  Most of the time I forget to use them when climbing difficult hills.  When I remember them, they kinda work OK.  By squeezing your legs in can relieve some pressure off the arms on long hillclimbs but they are not foolproof or hugely effective IMO.

The place I notice them the most is on downhills when the kinda of get in the way and have to spread my legs to let them come forward as bike pitches down the hill.

IF they were half the cost, then I'd be a lot happier with them but just not convinced they are worth the cost.

For me it boils down to, "they are OK" and "they are expensive".  Not the best combination for an accessory.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, redhurricane said:

I use a seat concepts seat with gripper sides, the hexagon shapes are all in rubber and are very sticky. 

image.png.5239a396efbbee383cf636ff2ace9126.png

Not the same thing. Not even close.

Steg Pegz work very well. You have to make sure you set them up right though.

I've mentioned a few times, there was a rider at Finke this yr that lost the right hand side Steg Peg on the return leg of the race, his left hand was fine, right hand looked like It's been through a meat grinder.

I used them on my '16 YZ450 and I loved them, they are one of those things you look and think "gimmick" but I can assure you they are not... 

That being said, I recently sold that bike for a newer Husky and have that set of steg pegz for sale, if they work for your bike I'd make you a sweet deal!

• Like 1

I put them on my 300 TPI, rode 6 days in Salida, and have now ordered a set for my 500.
I’m 6’4” and they really help reduce fatigue.

• Like 1

The reason I posted was they have them for a 06 yz250 but not the 05 which is what I have. I was wondering if they will work on mine. 05 started the aluminum frame so I don’t see what the difference would be.

I used them on my '16 YZ450 and I loved them, they are one of those things you look and think "gimmick" but I can assure you they are not... 

That being said, I recently sold that bike for a newer Husky and have that set of steg pegz for sale, if they work for your bike I'd make you a sweet deal!

If they will work I would take them off your hands. I may call Steg Pegz Monday and ask what my options are. I get some serious arm pump after about 30 mins of single track. I need help with that. It really slows me down and gives me whiskey throttle. That’s not a good combo on a tight single track.

55 minutes ago, rm250cy said:

If they will work I would take them off your hands. I may call Steg Pegz Monday and ask what my options are. I get some serious arm pump after about 30 mins of single track. I need help with that. It really slows me down and gives me whiskey throttle. That’s not a good combo on a tight single track.

Do you have the bike setup right?

Are you gripping the bars too hard? Breathing properly (holding your breath)?

Twisted Engineering composite carbon bars help reduce arm pump, but aren't cheap. In combo with Xtrigg bar mounts is even better.

A good exercise is to cut a broom handle or something to the same width as your bars, throw 2 left handed grips on it, rope or something in the centre, weight on the other end of the rope. Hold your arms directly out ion front of yourself, and make sure the weight is just off the ground. Wind the rope up by twisting the grips in your hands.

10 reps of winding it up, and down. I used a broom stick and drilled a hole in the centre for some nylon rope. Just a typical 5kg weight from my barbell on the other end..

Another trick I used was no glue or grip wire on my hand grips. It'll teach you to use a light grip. Just don't get water under the grips. My mates hold on so tight their hand grips heat up and get super soft.

I like Steg Pegz, but I didn't really use them in ST unless going up hill. Which is where your arms are working most. If you're riding mostly flat ST, I don't think there's much advantage.

Edited by Drop-Bear

It's been proven that lifting weights doesnt aid in arm pump.

Got a arm pump problem?. Sack it up.

Drink more water, work construction, chop wood.

Use the damn forearm muscles on days you dont ride and watch how fast arm pump becames nothing but a memory.

Pushing a mouse and pressing keys makes us soft and new muscles gained in the gym have zero conditioning, equals to hella arm pump.

The old broom handle, weights on a string is still a good training tool for forearm pump reduction. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fore-50 said:

Use the damn forearm muscles on days you dont ride and watch how fast arm pump becames nothing but a memory.

Pushing a mouse and pressing keys makes us soft and new muscles gained in the gym have zero conditioning, equals to hella arm pump.

Lifting weights doesn't aid in arm pump. but working construction, chopping wood, and regular exercise for your forearm does ?.

You do know you fully contradicted yourself don't you?

Try doing what I said. If you use a 5kg weight, I'll bet you struggle at first to do 3 x 10 reps. It pumps them right up. they'll be burning.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fore-50 said:

ECCDB6F7-E380-4855-80E0-5E09A15D1A07.gif

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rm250cy said:

These will help you to take strain off your entire upper body but it will take time, you first have to get accustom to them then you have to learn to trust them and use them. I noticed them right off the bat but it still took me a little while before I started to really trust me and loosen my grip enough to really get the full benefit. 

I have tendentious in both arms from lifting heavy weights for many years. The more i ride during the day I get better but the first couple of hours is brutal.

On 9/28/2019 at 7:46 PM, Team_Oatmeal_Pie said:

I run the leg pegz- same concept on my YZ450. [...]

Are these still available anywhere?  Any references I could find for them are ten years old and their website is gone.

1 hour ago, rm250cy said:

I emailed them directly and they said they where available

3 hours ago, Max17 said:

Are these still available anywhere?  Any references I could find for them are ten years old and their website is gone.

Rocky Mountain sells them...

• Helpful 1