2019 24 Hour Starvation Ridge

My buddy and I are looking to put together a 4-6 man team for the 24 hour Starvation Ridge race on 26-27 October. This will be our first time trying it out. Anyone interested? We’d also be interested in joining another team that’s looking for riders.  Thanks!

Still looking? We have a couple of guys looking for a team/teammates.

On another note. Conditions looking great for the 24hr. Forecast is clear with highs in the mid-50's BUT lows in the mid 20's will make for some cold early morning laps.Trying some new things on course marking should prove interesting.

• Like 2

I'll be there. This will be my first time. Was watching some videos of previous courses and some sections look a little tight/tough, especially in the dark. Looks like it'll be interesting to navigate (again, mostly a concern in the dark). Any veterans have good tidbits of advice?

1 hour ago, Riding_Red said:

I'll be there. This will be my first time. Was watching some videos of previous courses and some sections look a little tight/tough, especially in the dark. Looks like it'll be interesting to navigate (again, mostly a concern in the dark). Any veterans have good tidbits of advice?

charged batteries, several headlamps for backups....keep a small flashlight on ya in case ya yardsale out there and have to pick it all up 🙂

oh yeah...beer 

:cheers:

Some way of keeping warm in the pits

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 7:30 PM, Riding_Red said:

A friend of mine has trophied the Iron Man multiple times. Besides equipment, you want good pits - a place to nap, helpers in the pits to change air filters (if needed), scrape off mud, clean the bike, gas it up, lube the chain etc.  Gear - fresh dry gloves, goggles, etc. depending on the conditions. The biggest thing however though is nutrition and hydration. Make sure you have a plan to reload calories on a regular basis and hydrate.  He put a lot of time and prep into a special nutritional camel-back mix that worked for his body chemistry. Good luck!

haha missed it, advice for next year.

LTR told me the dirt over there has so much ash from Mt. St. Helens that it is hell on fork seals. Has always stuck in the back of my mind.

Edited by KaToomTime

I have a couple of riding buddies that did it this year as part of a Veterans group. 
There were part of the "For Fun" team.
I am waiting on the race report.