Beta has counterbalancers AND KYB now?

Several Beta owners have informed me on several different occasions that counterbalancers are basically worthless and that Betas don't vibrate.  Any ideas why Beta is using them now?

And I'm personally mad at @firffighter and @shrubitup for apparently hiding the HUGE NEWS ABOUT KYB from me!

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 5

Because ironically a balancer increases HP. Who would have thought? Beta finally realised, wonder how long it will be before they catch up with TPI and ditch those sucky dribble fuel feeders. ?

Edited by uniflow
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Several Beta owners have informed me on several different occasions that counterbalancers are basically worthless and that Betas don't vibrate.  Any ideas why Beta is using them now?

Beta trying anything  to be more like KTM. Heard they're going to go with orange color scheme for 2021 

They'll probably dump the KYB'S on race edition after 1 year in favor of the amazing Xplors. 

It's all a part of the KTM plan to purchase Beta now after GasGas and further their Indian/Chinese quality built bikes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Having owned a 17 ktm 250xc with cb and  currently  2 Beta 2 strokes without the cb, I won't say they are worthless but I will say I don't miss it or feel it was necessary. I even sold the 17 ktm because it sucked so bad in comparison to my 16 beta that i still own.I really only noticed the lack of vibes it provided while idling, which I prefer not sitting still. While riding I personally don't think "man if only this bike didn't vibrate so much". Im usually more concerned with not hitting a tree. So although its not necessary its also not useless. So why not put it on the bike? Especially if majority of people think its helpful and it will increase sells. Now what I will say is useless is FI on 2strokes! Thank you Beta for not screwing that one up!

Edited by jmgatx
  • Like 15
  • Helpful 2

6 minutes ago, jmgatx said:

While riding I personally don't think "man if only this bike didn't vibrate so much". Im usually more concerned with not hitting a tree.

Good point.

7 minutes ago, jmgatx said:

Now what I will say is useless is FI on 2strokes!

Yeah.  I hope Beta stays with carbs for awhile, gives me peace of mind that I won't be forced into TPI if I want a new 300 2T.  I'm guessing KTM will kill off everything Gasser except for trials.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

12 minutes ago, firffighter said:

It's all a part of the KTM plan to purchase Beta now after GasGas

You know it's coming.  It's something we should just accept.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jmgatx said:

Having owned a 17 ktm 250xc with cb and  currently  2 Beta 2 strokes without the cb, I won't say they are worthless but I will say I don't miss it or feel it was necessary. I even sold the 17 ktm because it sucked so bad in comparison to my 16 beta that i still own.I really only noticed the lack of vibes it provided while idling, which I prefer not sitting still. While riding I personally don't think "man if only this bike didn't vibrate so much". Im usually more concerned with not hitting a tree. So although its not necessary its also not useless. So why not put it on the bike? Especially if majority of people think its helpful and it will increase sells. Not what I will say is useless is FI on strokes! Thank you Beta for not screwing that one up!

Agree. I didn't think it was a "game changer", but a nice feature. I've owned and ridden so many bikes, I tend to not notice those things as much once out riding for a while. 

I think a lot of older riders considered it a huge factor which makes sense. If it's something that lends you towards being less fatigued over a day riding and more comfortable, then it's importance for you is bigger than others. 

The bigger factor is still having a Keihn carb. That, combined with CB and KYB option put it in an excellent position for a lot of success in sales. It'll sway some of the less cultists orange Koolaid drinkers, but never the hardcore brainwashed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

More snowflakes in the world.?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, firffighter said:

The bigger factor is still having a Keihn carb. That, combined with CB and KYB option put it in an excellent position for a lot of success in sales. It'll sway some of the less cultists orange Koolaid drinkers, but never the hardcore brainwashed. 

KYB on a counterbalanced Beta and I'm in for sure.  Beta won't do it because they hate me.

Wait....did you just say KYB is an option now?  Ok, just need the carbs to stay for a few years.  I've blown too many thousands of $$ this year on bikes, can't do a new one right now.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 3

Damn.....the 2020 RR Race Editions come with KYB?  The Italians heard me bitching clear across the Atlantic!

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

Damn.....the 2020 RR Race Editions come with KYB?  The Spaniards heard me bitching clear across the Atlantic!

Go to a beta dealer near you and order it pronto.

Edited by Edgecombe
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

Go to a beta dealer near you and order it pronto.

Can't right now, I went on a spending frenzy on existing bikes.  And I need to do more to my house unfortunately.  Maybe in a year or so.  But yeah, I think a KYB Race Edition is my next bike.  It checks all the boxes.

Edited by redrider144

If you really want the awesome beta experience,  sell all remaining bikes,  sell house and buy 2020 race edition.  You can live in the glow of that Italian princess. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

If you really want the awesome beta experience,  sell all remaining bikes,  sell house and buy 2020 race edition.  You can live in the glow of that Italian princess. ?

I'd honestly consider selling the KTM for a 2020 RRR but I just finally got this KTM dialed in a few weeks ago and I want to just ride it for awhile.  I've been working on bikes nonstop every weekend since June.  Need a break from tuning / turning wrenches.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 2

I'd honestly consider selling the KTM for a 2020 RRR but I just finally got this KTM dialed in a few weeks ago and I want to just ride it for awhile.  I've been working on bikes nonstop every weekend since June.  Need a break from tuning.

Working on ktm or riding beta? That is the question. Choose the latter,  you will live longer.?

• Haha 1

Beta has be ready for the Counterbalancer since 2016......the position in the case has been there.

CB's do slow down throttle repsonse, but help with fatigue and vision. If you are a young whipper-snapper racer, then those features are not your priority.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

Working on ktm or riding beta? That is the question. Choose the latter,  you will live longer.?

The KTM is done.  But I'm sure a Beta would need jetting at the very least.  I like Suzuki needles so I'd have to start that process over again.  Then I'd probably be curious what the squish clearance is and pull the head and get it cut.  Then I'd be considering a shorty muffler.  On and on and on.

The KTM is done.  But I'm sure a Beta would need jetting at the very least.  I like Suzuki needles so I'd have to start that process over again.  Then I'd probably be curious what the squish clearance is and pull the head and get it cut.  Then I'd be considering a shorty muffler.  On and on and on.

Dang son. I haven't touched my jetting or worried about all the other stuff your talking about. I haven't even set the sag.  I did change the stock coolant and took the green thingy off the bottom of the gas cap.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

CB's do slow down throttle repsonse, 

truth, or hear say. 

• Like 1