Air Leak through generator area on compression steoke

Just got done checking the valve clearance on my 2007 KX250F tonight. Valves were within spec, everything good. Put everything back together and one of my valve cover bolts won’t tighten up. It will thread in all the way, but it will not get tight! Kicked it over a few times, and on the compression stroke I can hear what sounds like air leaking from the valvetrain down into the generator/flywheel area. Started the bike, it runs just fine but the air noise is still there. Any idea on what this could be? 

On 9/29/2019 at 10:45 AM, William1 said:

Solve why the valve cover is not secure. Cam cap/locating ring not right?

The sound you hear is probably her decompressor.

The valve cover bolt is stripped out

No need to wonder, because it was my dumb ass that did it. Will it hurt the bike at all mechanically if I ride it with the bolt stripped? Because I fixed the leak with some gasket maker

more damage?? Doubtful, valve cover for keeping oil in and dirt out. but they wouldnt have all that many bolts in it if the money makin engineers didnt think they were necessary.  biggest issue i can see is a non-uniform pull-down of the cover causing a LAck-of-Stress fracture in the cover and a loss of oil or dirt migration. LOL