How often to change gear oil?

I use Maxima 80WT in my tranny and change it every oil/filter change which is about 10 engine hours using an hour meter. I've got a 2005 CRF250R and still have the original clutch and IMO works as good as new.

I realize we have different bikes but regular maintenance with quality products will cost you less money in the long run

Shell Rotella T4 (mineral) 15W-40 diesel engine oil.

It's JASO-MA rated so wet clutch safe and,

quite commonly used in both 4-stroke engine sumps and, separate gearbox sumps (many CRF's and 2-strokes)

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

I use Maxima 80WT in my tranny and change it every oil/filter change which is about 10 engine hours using an hour meter. I've got a 2005 CRF250R and still have the original clutch and IMO works as good as new.
I realize we have different bikes but regular maintenance with quality products will cost you less money in the long run

Ok, thanks. I’ll plan on doing about 10 hours. The bell ray full synthetic 80w should do the trick for every 10 hours.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zack Brappp44 said:

Ok, thanks. I’ll plan on doing about 10 hours. The bell ray full synthetic 80w should do the trick for every 10 hours.

Ya it really depends on how/where you ride your bike but get an hour meter cus you could go out for an all day ride for an 8 hr ride but the bike might only be actually running for 3 hrs.

I'm sure the Bell Ray 80WT will be fine and IMO there is a reason why there is tranny oil for bikes hence why I use it on my bikes that that do not share engine/tranny. Different topic and a 4 stock dirt bike thing