Kx250f bogging 2014

Bike runs with choke on but dies 5-10 seconds after it’s taken off. When you keep the bike going with the throttle and rev quickly the bike bogs and dies,  sometimes stays alive but still bogs. Around the track it picks up but the instant power isn’t there, front wheel doesn’t even get up off the floor.

36 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

Put in a brand new pilot jet. Ream the passage above the jet with a single strand of copper wire before installing. 

Look for corrosion or contamination in the bowl and in you tank

Fairly new To all this as I’ve only just bought it, it’s a fuel injected bike ? Do they have pilot jets ? 

15 minutes ago, Lewiswright_97 said:

Fairly new To all this as I’ve only just bought it, it’s a fuel injected bike ? Do they have pilot jets ? 

Then you don't have a choke. You have a fast idle.

Your fuel pump filter in the tank is clogged, and possibly the fuel pump is now damaged from trying to pump through it.

3 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

Your fuel pump filter in the tank is clogged, and possibly the fuel pump is now damaged from trying to pump through it.

4 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

Ahh that’s what it’s called I was just told it’s called a choke ha, would you attempt this yourself or take it to a mechanic ? 

12 minutes ago, Lewiswright_97 said:

If you have to ask, then yes, take it to a mechanic.

It's not hard, you just need to take off the tank, drain it, remove the pump and filter, and replace the filter. I would replace the pump too at the same time.

Hey guys.

I was just about to ask the  same kind of issue with  same dirt bike.

Mine doesn't bog that often, but it sometimes does when like the jump landing is a bit harsh.  About 1-2 times during 15 minutes of riding.

And I  just took off my fuel pump and the filter looked like this.  

This is the first time I've seen it so I really cant tell if it's dirty or not.

Is it dirty enough to cause this issue??

DSC_4640.JPG

2 hours ago, Eightroll said:

Hey guys.

Mine doesn't bog that often, but it sometimes does when like the jump landing is a bit harsh.  About 1-2 times during 15 minutes of riding.

DSC_4640.JPG

Was it easy to take off ? 

22 hours ago, Eightroll said:

Hey guys.

DSC_4640.JPG

That filter is clogged up

On 10/1/2019 at 3:01 AM, Lewiswright_97 said:

Was it easy to take off ? 

It was fairly easy.  if you take off the pump itself from the unit, it will come off attached to the pump. You can  just take the filter off the pump from there. Just be careful, the filter has a little white plastic part that you can't take off. But the replacement filter has that part too  so don't worry. 

On 10/1/2019 at 10:36 PM, KRAYNIAL said:

That filter is clogged up

Thanks!! I already ordered a new filter!

Edited by Eightroll

On 9/29/2019 at 4:36 PM, KRAYNIAL said:

Late reply I know fuel pump was taken out and cleaned along with the tank, any more suggestions more than appreciated mechanics scratching his head.

6 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

You need to pull the pump, change the filter and test the pump pressure. 

Abit of the track here mate but do you know why this is happening to my brothers bike was fine last week had the oils changed that’s it 

On 9/29/2019 at 4:54 PM, KRAYNIAL said:

If you have to ask, then yes, take it to a mechanic.

It's not hard, you just need to take off the tank, drain it, remove the pump and filter, and replace the filter. I would replace the pump too at the same time.

Timing was out on the intake side put it all back together and working perfect, also adjusted the idle brand new.

7 hours ago, Lewiswright_97 said:

Timing was out on the intake side put it all back together and working perfect, also adjusted the idle brand new.

The only way the timing could be off is is you 'jumped' timing, which is NOT good.

This means the timing chain tensioner is probably worn out, and so is the chain.

REPLACE them.

On 11/4/2019 at 5:20 AM, KRAYNIAL said:

The only way the timing could be off is is you 'jumped' timing, which is NOT good.

This means the timing chain tensioner is probably worn out, and so is the chain.

REPLACE them.

The chain is probably ok because the valve springs are super light. But the timing chain auto adjuster is definitely worn out. Take it off, throw it away and put a manually adjusted one on it and you'll never have another problem with and, No, you wont have to constantly adjust it.

The OEM adjusters work like a screen door holder. It's just a slip jam device. The slip jam device requires an edge to bite the piston to hold the chain tension. That edge wears as the chain pulls up and and slackens as the chain turns the cams past the valve springs, opening the valve. Once that edge is worn, they'll drop the timing then reset themselves. The things are evil. Ive got (had, I threw them away) three coffee cans full of the damn things that have failed. Some guys were lucky, some had some unfortunate part interactions.