2012 250 xc-f issues?

Hey all,

Tried to do some searching on here and advrider but couldn't find anything referencing known issues with a 2012 xc-f other than a debate if it's a good woods bike.

I've got a chance to pick up a low hour 2012 250 xc-f for a great deal through a friend. I'm curious if there is anything I need to be weary of? I've seen some mention starter issues, but that doesn't seem to be specific to this year model. Some others mentioned overheating the head and melting some plastic, which then plugged the oil jets. Again, not clear if that was this model or later 350s.

Any thoughts? Excited about finally getting a dedicated dirtbike for woods and trails versus the dual sports I've been riding for the last several years.

Thanks!

i have this same bike, bought it about 4 years ago.  Runs well, but definitely needs a rad fan, especially for tight single track trails.  Compared to my buddy's yamaha, the suspension on ktm feels a little sloppy.  I had been having electric starting problems, would always start but it would whine for a bit before starting.  I was able to fix that by cleaning up the stator.   I don't run it too hard but it's always ran great.

i have this same bike, bought it about 4 years ago.  Runs well, but definitely needs a rad fan, especially for tight single track trails.  Compared to my buddy's yamaha, the suspension on ktm feels a little sloppy.  I had been having electric starting problems, would always start but it would whine for a bit before starting.  I was able to fix that by cleaning up the stator.   I don't run it too hard but it's always ran great.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the Intel as well. Nothing sounds like it's a deal breaker. As long as it's not stranding me anywhere, that's all I'm after. Just something to get started with and it's a good deal, hard to pass up