Honda XR250 W MD30 wiring diagram

Hello,

I wonder if anyone out there can help me.I have bought a Honda XR250 which I was told by the seller came from somewhere like Thailand or Cambodia.It is a dual purpose model with lights and indicators etc. and only has electric start (no kick start fitted).The bike will not turn over when the starter button is pressed,I have checked the start and kill switches,sidestand switch and clutch switch,all ok. the starter will turn the engine over if I put jump leads to the starter solenoid terminals.Has anyone got a wiring diagram for this model as all the UK manuals don't show an electric start XR250?

Cheers.

The closest diagram available to what you is probably the XR650L.   Honda uses the same wire colors across all models so the following chart will apply, except if there is aftermarket wiring on the bike. 

The following link has XR250L diagrams but that is a kick start bike, as well as the XR650L.

https://4strokes.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=616

569649116_XR650L93-09Diagram.JPG.87e88222fe83007964562ca88d3b500a.JPG

1771194145_HondaWireColorCodes.thumb.jpg.1c43f86aa71f7ec8f3d8dbb9a6dd9137.jpg

Edited by Chuck.
  • Helpful 1

20 hours ago, Grassey said:

Hello,

I wonder if anyone out there can help me.I have bought a Honda XR250 which I was told by the seller came from somewhere like Thailand or Cambodia.It is a dual purpose model with lights and indicators etc. and only has electric start (no kick start fitted).The bike will not turn over when the starter button is pressed,I have checked the start and kill switches,sidestand switch and clutch switch,all ok. the starter will turn the engine over if I put jump leads to the starter solenoid terminals.Has anyone got a wiring diagram for this model as all the UK manuals don't show an electric start XR250?

Cheers.

Hi

What you have is a i guess the Motard model very commonly sold here in asia or maybe one with dirt wheels but as far as i know the wirering for both is the same  . I had one for more then 12 years sold it last year as the fleet get to big .

You check already the right parts . Clutchswitch , killswitch and sidestand switch . if they are o.k. Sidestand need to have connection if i remember correct and if the Starter turn over it shut normaly start . 

If it stand a long time its more the Fuel that cause start problems

Do you press the starter button and connect the Jump leads to make the starter turn at the same time ?

Sidestand up and gears in neutral? Do you check if you have spark .

If i remember correct then there is a fuse by the starter relais direct , not one of the five in the fuse box next to the batterie. Do you check them all ?

I have the complete manual inc. wirering diagramm for this model . If you PM me your email i can send it to you on friday when i am back home .

Best regards

The closest diagram available to what you is probably the XR650L.   Honda uses the same wire colors across all models so the following chart will apply, except if there is aftermarket wiring on the bike. 
The following link has XR250L diagrams but that is a kick start bike, as well as the XR650L.
 https://4strokes.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=616
569649116_XR650L93-09Diagram.JPG.87e88222fe83007964562ca88d3b500a.JPG

1771194145_HondaWireColorCodes.thumb.jpg.1c43f86aa71f7ec8f3d8dbb9a6dd9137.jpg

Thanks for this info, the only thing I see is missing is the TPS (throttle position sensor) on the diagram.

On 9/29/2019 at 7:52 AM, Grassey said:

Hello,

Cheers.

Hey Grassey, download the service manual for your bike here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e3hqhfoax4f7b2i/honda_xr250%2C_baja%2C_motard_95-06_service_manual.djvu

Unless you know Japanese you should also find a service manual for an xr250r and cross reference them.

Can you get the bike to start if you bump start it? Also, when you push on the start button does the headlight dim?