2006 Yfz450 no spark

2006 yfz450 was in storage for a long time bought it cleaned out the fuel system and no spark ordered new plug cap and resistor and still no spark what could have went out on this quad it only has 20-30 hrs on it

does the starter turn the engine over or just click or just nothing at all? have you checked for output straight from the stator?, then from the regulator? then from the cdi? then from the battery?

On 10/1/2019 at 12:15 PM, brownballin said:

does the starter turn the engine over or just click or just nothing at all? have you checked for output straight from the stator?, then from the regulator? then from the cdi? then from the battery?

Yes starter works stator has power going into the CDI but none to the spark plug 

On 9/29/2019 at 9:26 PM, Ndbirdman said:

2006 yfz450 was in storage for a long time bought it cleaned out the fuel system and no spark ordered new plug cap and resistor and still no spark what could have went out on this quad it only has 20-30 hrs on it

Connectors, fuses, stuff that could get dirty or corrode normally.

Also mice damage like cut wires and stuff like that

52 minutes ago, Tim86 said:

Connectors, fuses, stuff that could get dirty or corrode normally.

Also mice damage like cut wires and stuff like that

I checked the basics it looks brand new all wire harnesses and everything.  I just haven't wanted to spend all the $ they want for new CDI when I feel it shouldn't of went out in storage.  Anyone know of reasonably priced CDI?