Which fork leg is compression? Manual Wrong??

I've had my 2019 300RR for about a year and have been adjusting my fork clickers according to the owner's manual.  When the manual talks about rebound it references a picture of the right fork.   When the manual talks about the compression adjustment, it references a photo of the left fork.  Today I just watched this video:

Which completely contradicts the manual.  I know the manual is wrong in a lot of places, but getting this wrong is a real disappointment. I feel violated.  Now I have to reassess my life.

Yup, old news... also says "by means of knob C located at the lower end  of  the  fork  legs." yet the knob isn't on the lower end.

right cap has C/P (might be under preload adjuster) for compression/preload and left cap has R for rebound.  I think those are correct.

The easiest way is to open both clickers all the way, then close one completely and try to rock the forks. You will know immediately which one you closed...

• Helpful 1

Right is compression and preload, left is rebound. Start with them both at 10 out from closed and fork on the first line. Lightly tighten bottom pinch bolts. I use a nut driver and/or 8 to 10 nm.