Is it possible for me to NOT buy a 300RE ?

How do you adjust oil injection on these new bikes anyways?
can you set ratio?
seems no point in a ratio. more like injector duty cycle/rpm or something

On the 19 and older the oil pump is controlled by the throttle position sensor. So theoretically you could adjust it a little by adjusting the sensor. Same way you could adjust mixture on 4-st efi bikes. When you delete OI, they have a plug to fill in the hole from the tps, a nice addition to the re as I comes with the sensor, even though it does nothing.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, slotracer577 said:

On the 19 and older the oil pump is controlled by the throttle position sensor. So theoretically you could adjust it a little by adjusting the sensor. Same way you could adjust mixture on 4-st efi bikes. When you delete OI, they have a plug to fill in the hole from the tps, a nice addition to the re as I comes with the sensor, even though it does nothing.

You cant alter the tps to get different fueling on the Beta 4T.  The bike will not accept an 'out of range' tps setting, and run poorly.  You can only do that with the Keihin FI systems.

26 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

So does the TPS have any function with the ECU on the Yamaha?

From PowerCDI
"I have made several YZ's, I am very happy about them, but unfortunately I have to say that the TPS in the original CDI is not used much, it changes at most only 2 degrees (hardly noticeable) with the transition from 66% to 75% and in the overrev with a transition from 40% to 50%. It's also used to vary slightly the PowerJet map with a transition at 20% on overrev only (leaning from 8500 RPM above, they could have done it without a TPS without any significative difference)."

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

From PowerCDI
"I have made several YZ's, I am very happy about them, but unfortunately I have to say that the TPS in the original CDI is not used much, it changes at most only 2 degrees (hardly noticeable) with the transition from 66% to 75% and in the overrev with a transition from 40% to 50%. It's also used to vary slightly the PowerJet map with a transition at 20% on overrev only (leaning from 8500 RPM above, they could have done it without a TPS without any significative difference)."

There is debate on whether it does anything on the Beta 250/300. At this point I have no opinion. How much the map switch does is also a subject without much consensus.

• Like 1

There is debate on whether it does anything on the Beta 250/300. At this point I have no opinion. How much the map switch does is also a subject without much consensus.

Considering the OI delete has the block off plug for the TPS I am fairly certain than it is not used for anything other than OI on the Beta ECU.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, slotracer577 said:

Considering the OI delete has the block off plug for the TPS I am fairly certain than it is not used for anything other than OI on the Beta ECU.

That is a logical assumption.

The fact that Yamaha runs a TPS to control functions on their ignition module tells me that a 2t can benefit from varying timing based on throttle position.

The fact that Suzuki shows the rear lip seals installed backwards in their manual tells me that manuals have mistakes in them.

Many people assume the TPS on the DRZ does nothing, and they are wrong.

I do not have enough information to make a determination on the Beta TPS. 🙂

Edited by Beta300recat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

All bikes now have TPS

Not sure why this is news.....?

Technical details some of us are interested in.

Many 2t's didn't have them in the past.

What they do or don't do isn't completely clear.

Wanna shed some light for us?

2 hours ago, Beta300recat said:

.... e's calling the dealer.... Wait😁😁

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, dirtbird said:

.... e's calling the dealer.... Wait😁😁

Ed Zachary!

Good thing the local dealer went to the Demo Days to learn from the Oregon dealer that you could load the 2017RE map onto the 2018RR's.

We definitely know the RR/RE module is different than the XT module, and I know how bald primates are when it comes to assumptions...............:banana:

11 hours ago, Beta300recat said:

The fact that Yamaha runs a TPS to control functions on their ignition module tells me that a 2t can benefit from varying timing based on throttle position.

It definitely can benefit.  Smaller throttle opening can / should run more advance.  PowerCDI uses TPS for this purpose in his ECU.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redrider144 said:

Smaller throttle opening can / should run more advance.

Same thing on a 4t. 👍

21 hours ago, Beta300recat said:

I have no direct experience with Beta two strokes, but I do know that you can buy an aftermarket ECU from Athena for the Yamahas, KTMs, TM's, etc, all which have 5-axis 3-D tuning, including a +/- 20 degree timing adjustment against rpm, throttle position, temperature, and air density (KTM, TM).   The Athena even has a 'load sensor' tuning component, but I don't think any bike sold here in the US have the traction control.  

It's common practice to adjust the static timing on a two stroke to match throttle response with riding style / terrain, and the TPS would make that all the more tunable......assuming the ECU has that in it's programming.

Hopefully the Cullins family will chime in with some info from their past experience with the Beta tuning / in racing.

You are probably right though, the Beta is probably a few percent of timing change stock, via tps & rpm.