Is it possible for me to NOT buy a 300RE ?

3 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

all which have 5-axis 3-D tuning, including a +/- 20 degree timing adjustment against rpm, throttle position, temperature, and air density (KTM, TM).

Interesting.

What is 5 axis tuning?

3 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

ECU from Athena for the Yamahas, KTMs, TM's, etc, all which have 5-axis 3-D tuning, including a +/- 20 degree timing adjustment against rpm, throttle position, temperature, and air density (KTM, TM).

If you don't mind, could you give us a bit of a summary of what you know about this?

I could swear that Honda claimed 3D in '96 on their CR125 but it didn't make sense to me because I think they still ran a PJ carb with no TPS.

To me, a basic 3D ignition map for a dirt bike is:

• Inputs:  RPM, throttle position
  • Output:  ignition timing
  • Like 1

I am no expert....

It just means the variables are inter-related at all times. The basic variables:

Air temp, water/engine temp, rpm, throttle position.  5 variables that inter react. There are many more on the current bikes like O2, wheelspin, etc...  

I will see if I can find the old KTM UST files about this. 

As far as I know, even the TPI motors are still 3 axis.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

" Due to hi-demand this model is currently unavailable for BYOB at this time. Please contact your local Beta dealer for availability. "

Damnit.

1 hour ago, KRAYNIAL said:

" Due to hi-demand this model is currently unavailable for BYOB at this time. Please contact your local Beta dealer for availability. "

Seems to be the case for all RE bikes. 

• Like 2

Told you [emoji16][emoji16] on the up note my friends 350rre arrived early in the flesh is looks great pictures don't bring out the colour well.

• Like 1

Just got mine. They cleaned up the wiring a bit. It also has all the wiring for turn signals, brake and has a horn unlike some of the earlier RE's.

The specs say the same seat height as my '14. Not true, a fair bit taller. Also the seat would put to shame the 2002 and earlier KTM 2x4. The Euros have steel butts or what?

I like the new style grab handles and it appears people won't screw up air filter installation as often. I'll have a ride report hopefully in a few days, that is if I get over the cold from hell. :( 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ud_Luz said:

I’d have thought the thread title might have................ 🙄

MartyMoose just above your post brought up his buddy's 350 RE, so it appeared to me that anything goes in a RE thread.  

7 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

MartyMoose just above your post brought up his buddy's 350 RE, so it appeared to me that anything goes in a RE thread.  

You know those 4 stroke guys.................... 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

No, there is not. It was not possible for me not to buy one.

With KYB, it's now the best 300 on the market.  Especially if it converted a hardcore 4T swinger like yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Is it possible for me to ride my RE with broken ribs? Probably not [emoji19] it's going to be a long couple of months [emoji2361]Adjustments.jpg

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, bh867 said:

Is it possible for me to ride my RE with broken ribs? Probably not emoji19.png it's going to be a long couple of months emoji2361.pngAdjustments.jpg

Sure you can. 

It has KYB’s. 

Your ribs won’t feel a thing. 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2