Is it possible for me to NOT buy a 300RE ?

From what I’ve been hearing those kyb’s will need softening up 
Easy enough to do, not ridden any SSS that didn't need a tickle for off-road riding the result is very good.
  • Like 2

Sure you can. 
It has KYB’s. 
Your ribs won’t feel a thing. [emoji57]

[emoji23] I wish, worst part about it is that I broke them while mountain biking [emoji2361]
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Burger72 said:

From what I’ve been hearing those kyb’s will need softening up 

Don't care

Until Cross Training and Enduro reviews the bikes, none of what I read will mean much to me.

I have owned (7) bikes with SSS forks, and they work better than anything else, including my Dal Saggio/AER forks. 

ALL forks need re valving, ALWAYS.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

13 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

Don't care

Until Cross Training and Enduro reviews the bikes, none of what I read will mean much to me.

I have owned (7) bikes with SSS forks, and they work better than anything else, including my Dal Saggio/AER forks. 

ALL forks need re valving, ALWAYS.

They are supplied thro technical Touch in Europe and have stiffer settings than Jap / Yam kyb, absolutely the best out there box there is ! As for every fork needing a re-valve I disagree my Yamaha Yz 125 and 2018 WR250F were perfect out the crate 

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Burger72 said:

As for every fork needing a re-valve I disagree my Yamaha Yz 125 and 2018 WR250F were perfect out the crate for me.

There, I fixed it for you. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2

2 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

ALL forks need re valving, ALWAYS

Uh no:banana:

Only if you're old, fat, and slow! 

I qualify for at least 1 category, heck maybe 2 and my KYB'S are perfectly fine stock......on my YZ 😆

We'll see in April when I start the 50A race season! 

Edited by firffighter
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bh867 said:

emoji23.png I wish, worst part about it is that I broke them while mountain biking emoji2361.png

Those Mountain bikes are dangerous, stick to big bikes for safety😉 Seriously I've heard from the many dirt bikers that have also taken up mountain biking that there have been more injuries on the little devils. My brother just got a Sur Ron Light Bee E-mountain bike, and immediately flipped it with the surprise torque and broke 4 ribs. He thought it would be safer than a real dirt bike....

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MartyMOOSE said:

Easy enough to do, not ridden any SSS that didn't need a tickle for off-road riding the result is very good.

I took mine out for the first ride yesterday. I'm old and slow and really liked the forks. Not quite as plush as my hard anodized '15 OC forks but much better control dropping off ledges.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

have owned (7) bikes with SSS forks, and they work better than anything else, including my Dal Saggio/AER forks.

That's a bold statement, but I like it!

• Like 1

Does anyone with a new 300 RE (with KYB) happen to own a AER equipped KTM 250 / 300 2T to compare it to (or maybe has a buddy he can swap with to compare)?  Asking for a friend.

Edited by redrider144
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, redrider144 said:

Does anyone with a new 300 RE (with KYB) happen to own a AER equipped KTM to compare it to (or maybe has a buddy he can swap with to compare)?  Asking for a friend.

Tell your friend that all 2020 300 RE come with KYB now. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Tell your friend that all 2020 300 RE come with KYB now. 👍

Well inevitably someone with a 2019 would respond, so I conditioned it accordingly.

Does anyone with a new 300 RE (with KYB) happen to own a AER equipped KTM to compare it to (or maybe has a buddy he can swap with to compare)?  Asking for a friend.
Bit like asking how long is a piece of string. Which AER as they differ heaps, we all know what SSS are like and that more than likey they can be made better than std with minor tweaks as with the AER. What's the best starting point and easiest to set up that's easy the SSS, they are also more constant over a day and from the ones I've ridden a better action than the AER over a wider range of terrain. Having said that I didn't mind the AER after a mid is added to the xcf"s and valved to suit the type of riding we do here.
MM

6 minutes ago, MartyMOOSE said:

Which AER as they differ heaps,

I forgot that the 4T AER are different.  I'm talking about the AER on the 250 / 300 2T as a comparison.

Very nice! 

I wish my dealer was as effective, I had a order in on 12/14,when did you place yours? 

Nice looking Scoot.  I really am digging the color combo this year.  Can’t wait to start hearing ride reports from you guys on TT on the 2020 RE’s.

39 minutes ago, Dertyone said:

Nice looking Scoot.  I really am digging the color combo this year.  Can’t wait to start hearing ride reports from you guys on TT on the 2020 RE’s.

I don't really feel like typing out all my thoughts about the new 300re...but if you can stand listening to my annoying voice, I did somewhat of a video review.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

48 minutes ago, Sierra_rider said:

I don't really feel like typing out all my thoughts about the new 300re...but if you can stand listening to my annoying voice, I did somewhat of a video review.

Nice video, you didn't mention the headlight though. Looks super bright during the day unlike the old ones.