PC season opener Tuesday October 1st at 9am

Thinking about Hitting up Prairie City Tuesday. Red sticker season opens. Looking to do some trail riding but mostly work on cross training skills locally. Chief might be there to help demonstrate some simple but much needed riding techniques. ? so it might be a good day to come on out and enjoy the nice weather too.  

Start time 9am 

end time 12.30 ish  

Post or msg me for further details.  

Smoke.  

I'll more than likely be there.  Need to check jetting and suspension settings.  I always park up at the paved parking lot on top.  Old white Jeep pickup and blue TM125.

• Like 1

I’ll be there. My riding has improved since the last time we went to Gold Note and I’m always up for input to better my skills. Old blue Ford crew cab with a Beta

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bigbob said:

check out the new little single-wide trails wrapped around the hill to right of the hang town track 

Did that sign actually say "Off trail riding will result in trail closures" at Prairie City?  Wow - things are really getting bad!

its only in that new single trail system on the Hill.  That hillside front and back was typical PC free for all zone.  They closed the whole hill for two years, fenced it in and then created this pair of single track trails systems wrapped around the hill side.  The sign just means if people tear up the single trails by going off line any ole way they want, and criss cross the hill any hap hazard way , they will close the hill again.  I actually think its a positive.  The rest of that park is still free for all, and we get this new single trail system wrapped around was use to be a barren free for all hill

2 hours ago, ElDorado650 said:

Did that sign actually say "Off trail riding will result in trail closures" at Prairie City?  Wow - things are really getting bad!

Bob makes a good point on the new single track trail. However, they seem a little more regimented than other places it seems. Me and a friend were out riding around there last year. They have made a really nice trials section called “The Alimo”.  It’s a huge pile of rocks. Great for cross training imo. Only thing is ya can’t ride on it unless one has an official Trials bike.  Even though my buddy told the ranger he had a vintage 1974 RL 250 used in that era for trials, he kicked are arses out. It were a mid week ride, and we were practically the only riders there. What ever. It seems that place has a great deal of potential but poorly managed imo. 

Smoke 

we had a great day at  PC today. 5 total riders.  Chief was so kind to spend the time showing us technical riding skills we all need.   Many of us have watched that Cross Training Enduro guy on UTube. But to see it in action and have it explained in person is super cool!  Chief gave us all enough to work for next year as it looks much easier than the reality.  However, with practice and perseverance, one will get better over time. ?

Many of us like to ride well over 5 mph.  the key to riding faster, is first learning how to ride slow.  

A super fun time I had out there today!  the weather was perfect. 

Smoke 

9302C910-E6B0-496A-95EE-A81831044EBC.jpeg

6DB48334-B98A-49B1-9F46-15651F4F3912.jpeg

C2D9A9BF-4430-407B-A9B9-19054B005D54.jpeg

E6123B44-82F1-4A71-BBA8-27540C748E2B.jpeg

• Like 3

I learned a lot. Especially how to use the bike instead of your energy when your stuck. Mike stuck that Beta in a 3 foot hole and manipulated the bike out. Seat bounce, weighting the pegs and small pivots. Ron showed us how to use body position to cover different types of terrain. He’s an exceptional rider for only riding a short time. Thanks to Ron for organizing the day. I’d do it again. 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2019 at 8:53 AM, Terry Roberts said:

I learned a lot. Especially how to use the bike instead of your energy when your stuck. Mike stuck that Beta in a 3 foot hole and manipulated the bike out. Seat bounce, weighting the pegs and small pivots. Ron showed us how to use body position to cover different types of terrain. He’s an exceptional rider for only riding a short time. Thanks to Ron for organizing the day. I’d do it again. 

Great day Terry!

your improving!!!  And it shows. ?

thanks

Smoke ?

2 minutes ago, BigStick530 said:

I'll probably go to PC next week. Tuesday or Thursday, maybe both. 

Play it by ear.

Stay out of the stickers. ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief said:

Stay out of the stickers. ?

They tend to be sticky..lol

I had a few stuck in the tires when I over looked the bike

Edited by BigStick530

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:36 PM, SmokeX said:

A super fun time I had out there today!  the weather was perfect. 

Smoke 

E6123B44-82F1-4A71-BBA8-27540C748E2B.jpeg

Cool Photo, great riders. Shame we all look so OLD