Suspension feels like it’s bottoming out when fully unloads

Explained differently, would you describe it as a severe thud or clunk is felt when the suspension tops out (unloads) ?

If so, I wouldn't ride the bike until the fork's internals have been inspected.

What make, model and year of bike?

Edited by mlatour

I recently experienced the same clunking recently. The problem ended up being a worn damper rod bushing. I replaced #19 which was the cylinder head, it came complete with the bushing and o-ring already installed and it was like $20. You can just buy #22 which gets you just the bushing(#21) and the o-ring(#23). The parts can be ordered from Technical Touch USA. 

861340036_KYBForkPartsImage.png.245066923d8c5e4b3e24fd21d75f32ff.png593133557_KYBforkspartslist.png.ea6690069f01f3e2ebc842d04bdcfa83.png

On 9/29/2019 at 6:14 PM, mlatour said:

Explained differently, would you describe it as a severe thud or clunk is felt when the suspension tops out (unloads) ?

If so, I wouldn't ride the bike until the fork's internals have been inspected.

What make, model and year of bike?

Yeah exactly that! Whenever my front end comes up I feel a big clunk in my bars. 

Im on a Crf250r with Race Tech suspension

5 hours ago, indy rider said:

I recently experienced the same clunking recently. The problem ended up being a worn damper rod bushing. I replaced #19 which was the cylinder head, it came complete with the bushing and o-ring already installed and it was like $20. You can just buy #22 which gets you just the bushing(#21) and the o-ring(#23). The parts can be ordered from Technical Touch USA. 

861340036_KYBForkPartsImage.png.245066923d8c5e4b3e24fd21d75f32ff.png593133557_KYBforkspartslist.png.ea6690069f01f3e2ebc842d04bdcfa83.png

SWEET THANK YOU

4 hours ago, Danny Moreno said:

Yeah exactly that! Whenever my front end comes up I feel a big clunk in my bars. 

Im on a Crf250r with Race Tech suspension

SWEET THANK YOU

Now that I see you're running a Honda, you'll need to find the Showa info instead of KYB. At least you have an idea. 

Either due to a lack of damping or an accumulation of air pressure in the forks. 

Could be a valve stack nut is loose. Or worse it's fallen off. To avoid serious damage, I wouldn't ride it until it's checked.

• Like 1