How do I calm down the 2018 450RX?

Just bought the '18 450RX and took it, bone stock, for a ride yesterday.  I ride primarily off-road, hare scramble, enduro, etc.  Out of the box, this thing has obnoxious power.  I am not unfamiliar with the Honda 450.  I rode a '05 450R for five years and a '09 450X for a couple years after that, so I am familiar with the power.  However, the delivery on this thing is scary.  I was getting arm-pump from just holding on too tight, worried it would shoot me off into the trees at any given moment.
So... I need to smooth out that delivery.  I would like to hear from people who have done it.  Obviously, I can think of many things that might work. (Throttle cam, flywheel weight, gearing, re-mapping, etc)  But, I would like to know what people have ACTUALLY DONE and whether or not it had the desired effect.
Thanks in advance

Just give it some time.

You'll get used to it.

Your old 450s where carburated. Welcome to FI!

• Like 1

Have you tried the three different maps that are installed in the bike? The second map (two blue flashes) is the softest power. Try that first. First map (one blue flash) is normal. Third map (three blue flashes) is hold on to your ass map. I run map three in the woods and use small throttle inputs.

I put a g2 throttle tamer in my 17 model with the slowest acting cam, can’t remember which one of the 3 it was also a rekluse core exp clutch, was a good combo for trailriding or anything else , took the abrupt response out of it,

Kind of pricey, but when I put the FMF 4.1 system on my 17 it really smoothed everything out. Just my opinion on the matter.
Also, like someone said above, youll get used to it and learn how to use it to your advantage. I came from riding an 06 450R forever, and the RX was like upgrading to an f-35 out of corners at first for me.

Have Fun!

• Like 1

Geared it 14/51, and that tamed it down. Perhaps a bit to much.

The sparc arrester will also help, as mentioned here.

Before you try all kinds of hardware, try a remap.

Maybe a new gen x the old x I wouldnt ride one if you paid me.Super heavy, slow , poor suspension.I've aways rode mx bikes geared up for dez. 250yzs for tight single track.

I dont have an 18,

But.

Heavier Flywheels and mapping make the biggest difference.

Unfortunately i think trailtech isnt making flywheels any more. 

You could pull the crank and send it to crankworks for a "heavy treatment" but thats not exactly cost and time effective.  

There is also the hinson momentum steel clutch baskets.  I thought they were stupid compared to the heavier flywheels as they spin at 1/3 or so engine speed so any weight added is only 1/3rd as effective.  But with no flywheel option this is likely better than a stick in the eye.

Mapping is hugely important.

A progressive throttle tube can help with tip in but I dont think its a substitue for the others.

iamovru aka mvertoch,
I haven't done anything yet.  Starting on it this week. 
Since the major issue I am trying to resolve is the "twitchy"-ness of the throttle, the first thing I am going to try is the G2 Throttle tamer.  I am hoping that a little slower input will be all that I need.  If that doesn't satisfy me, I think I will mess with the gearing next.  I had to do that with my 450R, but I didn't with the 450X... so, we'll see how it works on this one.  If none of that does what I want, I'll look at getting some new maps.
Thanks to everyone for your input, I'll be sure to update this thread with what happens.

galligar nailed it. Cured the stupid jerkiness in a friends bike. Or maybe try the 400 kit Matt Stavish has. 

Here’s a link to a spark arrestor install I did on my 2017 RX. 

I’m Still trying to figure out if this made a difference for me haha but I was/am having the same issue. You can at least hear the difference in sound. I have only put about 4 hours on it so far, but I am getting used to it! I do a lot of trail riding and tight/technical stuff is difficult at times. Thinking about changing sprockets and remap but want to put a few more hours on it first. Hope this helps! 

Remap the FI. Made the power more linear. I was looking for more power so i added the R cam and bumped the compression slightly.