Bike vs. Transportation mode

If you ride different types of bikes you've noticed how different groups tend to transport their bikes.  It's quite comical really.  It's like we see what others are using that we associate with and have to fit in with them.

Teenagers = truck bed

Enduro riders = enclosed trailer (usually white)

MX racers = huge camping toy haulers (usually many sweeping colors)

Harley riders = either a low shiny aluminum trailer or an orange & black enclosed trailer

Trials riders = van

🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I haven't noticed this. Out of my friends that ride trials, only 1 owns a van. Everyone else I know uses the truck bed or a hitch rack. I haul with the pickup because I use my pick up for a bunch of other stuff outside of riding. A van would be pretty single purpose for me and I have no real use for an enclosed trailer. 

I wouldn't mind getting a travel trailer some day. I don't really need the toy hauler, as I have no trouble fitting bikes into the 8' bed of my pickup. 

• Like 1

Used whatever I could get my hands on to transport bikes. Small cars with utility, boat or snowmobile trailers. Pickup trucks. Vans. Stuffed a Kawasaki F9 I owned in  the trunk of my  old Plymouth Fury and closed it! Had to take the forks and handle bars off to make it fit.

• Helpful 1

Guess I'm still a teenager. Back of the pickup bed, or behind my Volvo XC70 on a trailer..multiple bikes on either or.