125 to 250 2 stroke

So i have been riding quads since I was real little I’m 18 and just sold my 07 trx450er to get on 2 wheels as it’s lighter more nimble and I can just go way more places. So I got a 99cr125 with a 2004 motor rebuilt it and being 200lbs I knew it wouldn’t be very much bike for me but I wanted to get comfortable on 2 wheels and a twist throttle. So I’m trading my cr this weekend for a 93 yz250 and was curious on how much of a power jump will it be? Is it comparable to my old 450 quad? I ride open trails with lots of steep big hill climbs. Pic of my cr125IMG_0970.JPG

• Like 1

Going from a 450 quad to a yz250 will not be that big of an increase in power, the only thing you should be cautious of is how light the yz250 will be compared to your quad, and will make it feel like a lot more power, especially when you hit the powerband, but if you are riding open trails and hitting hillclimbs the yz250 will be a good fit for that. I borrowed my friends rm125 for a couple of weeks and I LOVED IT, but I have been riding dirt bikes for awhile and I’m able to keep it on the band. I would say your best bet is to just test ride it and judge for yourself if you think you would be able to handle it in the woods. Best of luck to you sir!

Going from a 450 quad to a yz250 will not be that big of an increase in power, the only thing you should be cautious of is how light the yz250 will be compared to your quad, and will make it feel like a lot more power, especially when you hit the powerband, but if you are riding open trails and hitting hillclimbs the yz250 will be a good fit for that. I borrowed my friends rm125 for a couple of weeks and I LOVED IT, but I have been riding dirt bikes for awhile and I’m able to keep it on the band. I would say your best bet is to just test ride it and judge for yourself if you think you would be able to handle it in the woods. Best of luck to you sir!
That's nonsense, a 450 quad is slow af compared to a yz250. A yz will pick the front end up on throttle from nearly any rpm in the first 3 gears and on the pipe in the top two. There are no 450 quads that are comparable. After riding a 450 quad, riding a YZ250 feels like a stick of dynamite.

That's nonsense, a 450 quad is slow af compared to a yz250. A yz will pick the front end up on throttle from nearly any rpm in the first 3 gears and on the pipe in the top two. There are no 450 quads that are comparable. After riding a 450 quad, riding a YZ250 feels like a stick of dynamite.

You practically repeated the same thing I did. 2 strokes make more power then 450’s per cubic inch , a 250 2 stroke is on par with a 450 4 stroke, which is why they also race in the same class, it’s the weight difference that really makes the yz250 feel like a beast compared to a 450 quad.. like I already stated lol