Should I get a new cylinder head/piston

Screenshot_20190929-222324.thumb.png.1bb08ae50e2d683804ecd4436ea4aa62.pngI just posted another topic, but this is kinda different so i made a new one. I got into my cylinder, and its pretty torn up, look on the other topic if you wanna know why. Ive never really looked at these so idk what im looking at, so id like someone else to look at them, without charging me for it, so I know if i need to replace them. Also, if anyone has good ways to loosen steel bolts from aluminum, it would be appreciated. I cant believe how stuck mine are. Im not sure where these pictures are going to end up, and im on mobile, so sorry about that lmaoScreenshot_20190929-222150.thumb.png.ed9b8ffbf299e8804b34c4188f7cc477.pngScreenshot_20190929-222200.thumb.png.63588b15ac943f4f3766f681344201d9.pngScreenshot_20190929-222206.thumb.png.b45175ad921726b637a206eed1c69e5e.png

Yes, they both look in a bad way- but no point in just replacing those until you are certain of the cause of the damage and have fixed that. Best to get someone to look at the whole lot, bottom end and powervalve. 

• Like 1

Don't buy any parts until you've completely disassembled the engine,

failure in the bottom end (crankshaft, rod, bearings etc.) is the cause of the top end's damage.

Edited by mlatour

I know what caused the damage, it was the powervalve breaking off, and once i took out the pieces, the problem is solved, and the clutch turns over fine. Now its just a matter of replacing that, and maybe the cylinder head and maybe the piston. Im just trying to figure out if its bad enough to warrant a replacment

Edited by CrispyCat

I wouldn’t even think twice about replacing both. By the looks of it that’s not the first time it’s ate a power valve. Had you not jammed a screwdriver in there to get the head off I would have traded you a good useable head. (I weld and machine squish bands into these shitty heads as a hobby when I have extra time)

If it’s the cylinder studs you’re trying to get out, those are bonded and sealed in there with sealant. Stick two nuts on the studs, tighten together, heat with propane torch, and using a open end wrench loosen with the bottom nut. If it doesn’t budge, it’s not hot enough.

I think motox367 lives around your neck of the woods. Try contacting him on here and see if he’ll rebuild it for you...

Cylinder/Plating looks pretty rough, you definitely need a new piston. I have a nice sleeved cylinder I recently acquired that I'd be willing to let go cheap, ready to install if interested send me a PM.