250 SXF with debris in oil

My sons KTM 250sxf has some debris in oil.  We also had some noise with timing chain but think that is fixed with new tensioner that everyone suggests.  Anyway, wondering if someone can point me in the right direction for what to look for.  See photo

CE40168D-6A25-4B74-83EB-8DC34FA63D4E.jpeg

Could be gears ,what year ? How many hours ? How hard is he on the bike ?

clutch rubbers coming apart?

no rubbers on 250

Hmmm

well OP are those chunks plastic, steel,aluminum??

hard to tell from pic but doesnt look like metal

Thanks for responses.

This is a 2105 with 75hrs on it.  The debris seems to be metalic as a magnet will pick it up.  It is not very rigid though.  Easy to snap these little pieces in half.

"Quote"{We also had some noise with timing chain but think that is fixed with new tensioner}                                                                                The Timing chain tensioner press's on the {Chain Guide} ??  pieces of the -> guide itself ??                                                                           I'm Taking a well educated guess??  #4 -- #5 -- Or #15   https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2018-ktm-250-sx-f-us-timing-drive/o/m162079sch1050162

Edited by pecor

We will look into this.  The material is metallic as a magnet will pick it up.

Looking for a video on replacing these to see what is involved.

Thanks

KTM- Made of Powdered metal and plastic-nylon mix?  for chain wear purpose's??   Yamaha has a thin strip of metal encased with plastic-nylon? On their chain tension strips,  In their older models.  I don't own a new one so can't comment on them.

Edited by pecor

Update. This is what the issue was. The mechanic that had installed the flywheel weight apparently did not do it correctly. It came off and the debris was the epoxy that was used to install the flywheel weight

• Like 2