Hi there, I recently did the top end rebuild of my Yamaha YZ450f 2015, I added a Wossner piston and went with the Kibblewhite valves and spring setup.
I also have a FMF Powercore 4 installed, I am mostly a dune rider and hard desert terrain, I purchased the power tuner too and I am looking to get the best performance and power from the bike, I have tried a few of the maps recommended but was hoping I could get a custom map setup from someone who has knowledge of the power tuner.
Thanks

The change in piston and valves will not require any 'new' mapping.

Just play with the tuner.

There are already a million posts in the YZ section about mapping

the "0" baseline  setting is very agressive stock already. 

The tuning tool alters the factory map, so you cannot compare different years of maps that people have come up with, as they only reflect a change to their stock map.

3 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

The change in piston and valves will not require any 'new' mapping.

Just play with the tuner.

There are already a million posts in the YZ section about mapping

the "0" baseline  setting is very agressive stock already. 

The tuning tool alters the factory map, so you cannot compare different years of maps that people have come up with, as they only reflect a change to their stock map.

Okay great, thanks for the advice. Will play around with it and do small adjustments and see how it goes.

On 9/30/2019 at 4:28 PM, KRAYNIAL said:

Here are the maps I liked for my 2016 450FX

8 = soft delivery

9 = less soft

3 = very agressive

5 = slightly less agressive

20170330_174109.jpg

20170330_184217.jpg

20171123_094058.jpg

number 5 map.jpg

post-369840-0-37992100-1457066044.jpg

Thanks for this, I will try out your aggresive map and see how it goes. I did notice something quite odd when I started riding the bike, the power is all there but I cant get the front wheel up if i power wheelie in 2nd gear, this was always easy to do, I tried 1st gear too but nothing. Seems like the low end is not nippy on the bike anymore. I tried all values at 0 on the tuner "stock" and nothing, I tried the yamaha "hard hitting" map and nothing the bike has plenty of power but just not on that intial twist of the throttle.

I also tried the "sandy map" as it seemed to have all the values on the plus side but it still did not help. I am happy to have my bike running again and it has the power, just abit dissapointed it does not have that bite of power on the low end to get the wheel up.

7 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

At 85 hours you should have already changed the in-tank filter twice.....................

I have only owned the bike for two months now, so i have put about 20 hours on it now. I saw the engine runtime with the power tuner. Will definitely be changing out a few things that needs replacing, if there is anything else you suggest replacing please go ahead and let me know. Appreciate it

34 minutes ago, Alain 25 said:

I have only owned the bike for two months now, so i have put about 20 hours on it now. I saw the engine runtime with the power tuner. Will definitely be changing out a few things that needs replacing, if there is anything else you suggest replacing please go ahead and let me know. Appreciate it

If a large throttle pull does not give you wheel spin or wheel stands, you are low on pump pressure or have work clutch plates, IMHO.

Advancing the timing is going to give you more 'snappy' throttle response than anything else.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 3:01 PM, KRAYNIAL said:

If a large throttle pull does not give you wheel spin or wheel stands, you are low on pump pressure or have work clutch plates, IMHO.

Advancing the timing is going to give you more 'snappy' throttle response than anything else.

Thanks for the info, I have finally had some time to go over the bike. So far the bike is still giving me the same issue, I did experience differnt changes when playing around with the power tuner but nothing as what the bike was oncve before. So I have put new clutch plates in but I am still getting the same poor performance issue. I cleaned out my injector too still the same problem. I have a fuel pump rebuild kit arriving today so I can change out the in-tank filters etc. I was out riding yesterday and doing so tests and trying to understand why the bike is performing so poorly, I jumped on my friends KX450 2015 model too and immediately I felt the power I once had on my bike. Shifting into 2nd gear and it pulls and the front wheel is in the air! I got back on my bike and it doesnt have that pull, tope end my bike is amazing but it is still low on power.

So I am assuming it is a clutch problem, I could not even climb dunes properly the bike is just moaning at one tone through 2nd or 3rd gear. This too me definitly seems like a clutch issue, I opened my clutch up today and my clutch plates are still good, however I found that my clutch basket has terrible notches. This can explain why the bike does not have that pull or power it once had from the take off,  I have taken some photos.

Do you think this might be my issue?

IMG_8991.jpg

IMG_8993.jpg

IMG_8995.jpg

IMG_8998.jpg

On 10/4/2019 at 3:01 PM, KRAYNIAL said:

I will have to check after I do the fuel pump rebuild, as this could also be a fueling problem still, because if i am in 1st gear and the bike is at idle and I am moving forward without using the throttle, and then I twist throttle all the way the bike bogs out. This problem still occurs after I richen the bike out or lean it out

7 minutes ago, Alain 25 said:

I will have to check after I do the fuel pump rebuild, as this could also be a fueling problem still, because if i am in 1st gear and the bike is at idle and I am moving forward without using the throttle, and then I twist throttle all the way the bike bogs out. This problem still occurs after I richen the bike out or lean it out

Why would you go full throttle from a standing stop ? There is no actual riding scenario where this is usable.

22 minutes ago, Alain 25 said:

Thanks for the info, I have finally had some time to go over the bike. So far the bike is still giving me the same issue, I did experience differnt changes when playing around with the power tuner but nothing as what the bike was oncve before. So I have put new clutch plates in but I am still getting the same poor performance issue. I cleaned out my injector too still the same problem. I have a fuel pump rebuild kit arriving today so I can change out the in-tank filters etc. I was out riding yesterday and doing so tests and trying to understand why the bike is performing so poorly, I jumped on my friends KX450 2015 model too and immediately I felt the power I once had on my bike. Shifting into 2nd gear and it pulls and the front wheel is in the air! I got back on my bike and it doesnt have that pull, tope end my bike is amazing but it is still low on power.

So I am assuming it is a clutch problem, I could not even climb dunes properly the bike is just moaning at one tone through 2nd or 3rd gear. This too me definitly seems like a clutch issue, I opened my clutch up today and my clutch plates are still good, however I found that my clutch basket has terrible notches. This can explain why the bike does not have that pull or power it once had from the take off,  I have taken some photos.

Do you think this might be my issue?

IMG_8991.jpg

IMG_8993.jpg

IMG_8995.jpg

IMG_8998.jpg

That clutch basket is SHOT. Replace it !

If your fuel pump filter has more than 40 hours on it, it is shot. 

If you fuel pump has been working against a clogged pump filter, you have destroyed it.

Why would you go full throttle from a standing stop ? There is no actual riding scenario where this is usable.
To accelerate fast that's exactly what you should do ,I hate hearing how people say " but do you ride like that ?" Maybe he does maybe he doesn't ,the bike should work doing it

1 hour ago, mog said:
3 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

To accelerate fast that's exactly what you should do ,I hate hearing how people say " but do you ride like that ?" Maybe he does maybe he doesn't ,the bike should work doing it

No, that is incorrect. The bike is designed for riding. You can do quick throttle turns, or full throttle turns, but starting out from a standing stop you cannot do both.

Turning the throttle as fast as you can has no purpose.....

You might find a bike that can do that, but it's not important.

No, that is incorrect. The bike is designed for riding. You can do quick throttle turns, or full throttle turns, but starting out from a standing stop you cannot do both.

Turning the throttle as fast as you can has no purpose.....

You might find a bike that can do that, but it's not important.

I 100% disagree and so does the op

So here is an update, I did a rebuild of the fuel pump and took the bike for a quick ride, could not do a proper test but the bogging seems to be gone now.

The fuel pump did look absolutely terrible! As I shift into 2nd gear the bike does not have that traction or "pull" as I call it on the low end, but it is quick! so it helped changing the fuel pump out, so I am guessing that the clutch basket might be the culprit, will have to wait on parts to arrive to test it out. I have no experience with identifying clutch problems, this is just what I am gathering from forums or videos online, from what I understand ( which I may be wrong, dont judge because I am no expert) is that the clutch has alot to do with the pull of the bike as you shift gears, and this might be what i am experiencing with the clutch not gripping as it shifts

So here is an update, I did a rebuild of the fuel pump and took the bike for a quick ride, could not do a proper test but the bogging seems to be gone now.
The fuel pump did look absolutely terrible! As I shift into 2nd gear the bike does not have that traction or "pull" as I call it on the low end, but it is quick! so it helped changing the fuel pump out, so I am guessing that the clutch basket might be the culprit, will have to wait on parts to arrive to test it out. I have no experience with identifying clutch problems, this is just what I am gathering from forums or videos online, from what I understand ( which I may be wrong, dont judge because I am no expert) is that the clutch has alot to do with the pull of the bike as you shift gears, and this might be what i am experiencing with the clutch not gripping as it shifts
Put it in top gear at low speed ,slip the clutch with full throttle ,the revs will either drop or stay high ,stay high isn't good