DRZ battery wiring

Hey, 

Never used this page before, only very new to motorbikes. Not too long ago had my 2012 DRZ400 stolen, when the police recovered it, wires had been cut including the ignition switch and the others below. I’ve since replaced the ignition switch, however I have no idea where the below wires connect to, even after looking at the wiring diagrams of the bike. 

So the first photo shows the two wires (red and white) where the red goes to the fuse and then to the positive battery terminal and the white connects straight to the negative terminal, that part is all good. I’ve then followed these wires to their ends which lead to black and white/black wires, I have no idea where they need to be connected! 

If anyone one could help me I’d very much appreciate it. 

Thankyou.

D802EE4C-357F-4FFB-90D4-7A449DE0D354.jpeg

BB2D9DD1-6268-49AA-800C-1CE1834B7CD3.jpeg

E1F60980-FFD4-401B-BFB4-5006DC1AD30E.jpeg

3BBA15D8-E5F0-4D34-A0CC-24F45D1DC40C.jpeg

It looks to me that the white wire would be connected to the frame. The red wire, if the fuse is 20 amps, goes to a junction where it will splits off. One wire, red, going to the rectifier and the other wire, red, going to the ignition switch. Hope this helps. 

I am positive that someone added this wire for one of two purposes: either to power something like a GPS or heated gloves/jacket/handgrips,  OR to have an exterior connector for a battery tender or to allow jump starting.  This entire wire assembly, and the fuse, are not original parts of your bike.

The red/white that are cut and wrapped to short black leads (with white stripe) at one end, and somehow spliced to white and black at the other are not original wires.  If they are all connected as one length, and are not connected to anything, I would remove them and run the bike.  I am pretty sure that you will find that they had no original purpose.  In addition, they appear to have a cylindrical inline fuse, which again is not an OEM fuse, even further proving that this wire was installed by an owner to power something.  The OEM fuse is 20amp and is the flat spade connector type, as in the white block you have on the original battery connection as per your photo.

So....if you have a powered, after market accessory, that is no longer powered....then you will know where this wire was to be connected.  For now, remove it and run the bike and see what doesn't work.  Luck.