Air Box Washing Cover 2019 Honda CRF250F

12 hours ago, MichiganJJ said:

This one for a 230F looks like it might work. But im not sure. Any thoughts?

NO TOIL HONDA CRF150/230F 03-19 AIR BOX COVER

https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/No-Toil-Honda-CRF150-230F-03-17-Air-Box-Cover/AC120-20

Unfortunately this product will not fit your 2019 250F.  However, We do plan to have an air box cover available soon!

If its dirty enough that you need to really need to clean it, at least on my 05 250R I can easily drop the sub frame, remove the air box and have at it with a cleaner and a pressure washer.
Post some pics of the air filter and air box.

It’s not too bad, mostly sand keeps getting in there and it sticks to the inside of the air box walls. Not sure if this is normal or if it’s getting past the air box drain rubber vent thing.

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, MichiganJJ said:

Just a follow up, I have one now. Haven’t used it yet but will report back when I do.

Your new cover will not keep water out entirely.  Not sure if u run your backfire screen. We take the screens out for mx so when we use the the air box cover we also stuff a rag in the intake to absorb any water that gets past the cover. I’m aggressive in washing in that area.   Just alittle water droplet will keep your bike from starting.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, yz250f 78 said:

Your new cover will not keep water out entirely.  Not sure if u run your backfire screen. We take the screens out for mx so when we use the the air box cover we also stuff a rag in the intake to absorb any water that gets past the cover. I’m aggressive in washing in that area.   Just alittle water droplet will keep your bike from starting.  

The wash cover I have goes over the screen and in place of the air filter. It has a soft rubber seal around the side that goes around the screen. It uses the air filter clamp to hold it in place once installed. I haven't used it yet, but looks like it will do the job. I would probably place the air box cover back on before washing which will keep most, if not all the water out. If I had to clean out the inside of the air box itself, which normally only accumulates sand, I would just be careful and not hose it down, and I've been using my shop vac with a long small hose taped to the shop vac hose to get down in the air box and into the hard to reach areas and suck up as much as I can.

Edited by MichiganJJ
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 12/18/2019 at 11:58 AM, MichiganJJ said:

The wash cover I have goes over the screen and in place of the air filter. It has a soft rubber seal around the side that goes around the screen. It uses the air filter clamp to hold it in place once installed. I haven't used it yet, but looks like it will do the job. I would probably place the air box cover back on before washing which will keep most, if not all the water out. If I had to clean out the inside of the air box itself, which normally only accumulates sand, I would just be careful and not hose it down, and I've been using my shop vac with a long small hose taped to the shop vac hose to get down in the air box and into the hard to reach areas and suck up as much as I can.

Post a pic of your air box, top looking down.