using kwad as a recovery tool for dirtbikes?

Probably a dumb idea, but just a thought..

so many of you guys know I switched from ATVs to dirtbikes and now I hate riding the dam thing. as of now, it is just sitting in my back yard collecting dust and ive been wondering maybe I can keep it in the bed of my truck as a recovery tool in case something ever happens on the trail and attach a motorcycle hitch similar to what is below. only issue i have is, if I were to do this, can I cause damage to the forks or anything since the trails..well....it will be moving around left and right with ruts and all. Its also insured so dont really care if someone tries to steal it. Thoughts or dumb idea?

image.png.3d9950e72ef2f6be7f3c7f551c865362.png

Edited by RideWithWill

In fifty years, I've never needed 'recovery' because I do not leave with my machine in anything but perfect operating condition. In my entire life, I had one crank seal go bad, went through a quart of oil in 25 miles. Threw a chain, jury rigged it (used a coat hanger) and limped home, head light went out so I stayed in a  motel over night.

If your bike breaks down, you have to get to the quad. Why not fix the bike and simply ride it back out?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, William1 said:

In fifty years, I've never needed 'recovery' because I do not leave with my machine in anything but perfect operating condition. In my entire life, I had one crank seal go bad, went through a quart of oil in 25 miles. Threw a chain, jury rigged it (used a coat hanger) and limped home, head light went out so I stayed in a  motel over night.

If your bike breaks down, you have to get to the quad. Why not fix the bike and simply ride it back out?

ya figured chances of it failing is probably rare, that was another thought. and flat tires I usually ride back with it anyways 

18 minutes ago, crypto666 said:

I don't see them much anymore, but I used to see setup like that used for, well, recovering bikes.  I remember seeing one that held three bikes. 

Of course bikes will only break down in spots you cannot get a kwad to. 

lol yup!!! another thing I worry about since i mostly ride single track but I also ride a lot of mining passes. i mean as of now, the dam thing is just sitting there since I dont ride it anymore so just figured hey maybe do something with it....or I can just put a plow on it...but snow never sticks in COS 

4 minutes ago, drakes67 said:

Better yet... you should start a service. Switch back to quad riding and get that trailer thing. Someones bike breaks down charge them to tow it out. You’ll make money and still get to ride. TowWithWill

I got an open spot if you want. its a 2 seater ? 

1 hour ago, RideWithWill said:

Probably a dumb idea, but just a thought..

so many of you guys know I switched from ATVs to dirtbikes and now I hate riding the dam thing. as of now, it is just sitting in my back yard collecting dust and ive been wondering maybe I can keep it in the bed of my truck as a recovery tool in case something ever happens on the trail and attach a motorcycle hitch similar to what is below. only issue i have is, if I were to do this, can I cause damage to the forks or anything since the trails..well....it will be moving around left and right with ruts and all. Its also insured so dont really care if someone tries to steal it. Thoughts or dumb idea?

image.png.3d9950e72ef2f6be7f3c7f551c865362.png

Sell it pronto.

Otherwise, you're like the retired couple that buys a motor home, uses the hell out of it for 3 yrs, then it sits in a barn until they die. 

• Haha 2

I got an open spot if you want. its a 2 seater [emoji6] 

No. Never. I don’t belong on 4 wheels first of all. Second of all you’d like it too much. Third 4 wheels is your kind of thing. Sell all your bikes and join the quad nation. Like Happy Gillmore once said, “Go to your home! Are you too good for your home?!”
  • Haha 2

Ocean Shores Washington... folks love to visit that windy, rainy beach at the Pacific Ocean. You can drive your car onto the beach and see the action...oh, there's a tide...oh...cars get stuck in sand.... Oh, friendly locals have a service to quickly get you unstuck....lots of folks do get stuck....$$$ TowWithWill has a nice ring to it! Too bad there's no ocean near you...

yall giving me sh*t but one day you will need TowWithWill services ? 

lol nah jokes aside though, I do ride a lot on my own, especially passes and just exploring out on my own, but come to think of it I am yet to see a broken down bike.

ill probably sell it and just get me a 500 or something. I ride 3 - 4 times a week. Worse case scenario I can always drive the truck up or keep a small tow rope? Just gave some thought like dang, what do I do if my bike breaks down way out here? But I am one to really care for my stuff, so I am probably overthinking. Thought maybe it would be a good idea as a worse case scenario. 

1 minute ago, RideWithWill said:

yall giving me sh*t but one day you will need TowWithWill services ? 

lol nah jokes aside though, I do ride a lot on my own, especially passes and just exploring out on my own, but come to think of it I am yet to see a broken down bike.

ill probably sell it and just get me a 500 or something. I ride 3 - 4 times a week. Worse case scenario I can always drive the truck up or keep a small tow rope? Just gave some thought like dang, what do I do if my bike breaks down way out here? But I am one to really care for my stuff, so I am probably overthinking. Thought maybe it would be a good idea as a worse case scenario. 

I'm guessing that the homo-innuendo of "Get a tug from Will" is not going to sell well. I bet you'll get a bunch of takers from the KTM crowd, and maybe even a bunch of sport quad folks. 

• Haha 2