2020 beta 200rr?

Hey all I am considering on buying a 2020 beta 200rr but I wanted to know if there is anything I should know about the bike? Like are there any major problems I should look out for and are they easy to work on since I do most of my work at home? I am coming off of a CRF150F, My riding experience is Intermediate/semi advanced I have a trials background and have been riding since I was 5 years old. I am 15 Weigh 115lbs and am 5'10''. Now I understand that it will be a huge step up but I am looking for a 2T that will not kill me but be enough that ride it through all the tight technical stuff and not have to upgrade anytime soon. Any info will be most appreciated.😏

1 hour ago, crazy caleb said:

Hey all I am considering on buying a 2020 beta 200rr but I wanted to know if there is anything I should know about the bike? Like are there any major problems I should look out for and are they easy to work on since I do most of my work at home? I am coming off of a CRF150F, My riding experience is Intermediate/semi advanced I have a trials background and have been riding since I was 5 years old. I am 15 Weigh 115lbs and am 5'10''. Now I understand that it will be a huge step up but I am looking for a 2T that will not kill me but be enough that ride it through all the tight technical stuff and not have to upgrade anytime soon. Any info will be most appreciated.😏

The 2020s are just hitting the dealers.  So I doubt you'll get much in the way of issues to look for unless you talking about just general stuff that would have carried over from previous years.

I rode a 2020 200 a couple week ago.  It seems like a very cool bike.  The power was very easy to manage.  It will be a lot more power than your CRF150F but as long as you've mastered throttle and clutch control you'll be fine.  It was very easy to ride. 

It should make an awesome single track bike for you.  The only concern I'd have is I have heard that support for Betas in Canada right now isn't great.  Talk to some Canadian Beta owners about it.  If for some reason that scares you off from the Beta, look into a KTM 150 XC-W, Husky TE150 or Yamaha YZ125X.  Here in Michigan, we've got great Beta dealers and I see a ton of them in the woods, at enduros, etc.  I got a ride on a 2020 200 because I have two different friends that are Beta dealers.  I'd have zero concerns about buying a Beta here, but I just seem to remember hearing there is some kind of issue with the Beta organization in Canada right now.

IMG_20190922_092017058.jpg.de5195884ae28cf61dfa894dcf7f2d1c.jpgIMG_20190922_092030890.jpg.e66ba1bd6ec1fef9c49c7fd381b3e698.jpgIMG_20190922_092038850.thumb.jpg.6ae88ffd435e2ac8a9330e991421c599.jpgIMG_20190922_092143756.jpg.28e59f1c7641a2fb1879f595ef09a3a6.jpg

Doc

Edited by Doc_d
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Doc_d said:

The 2020s are just hitting the dealers.  So I doubt you'll get much in the way of issues to look for unless you talking about just general stuff that would have carried over from previous years.

I rode a 2020 200 a couple week ago.  It seems like a very cool bike.  The power was very easy to manage.  It will be a lot more power than your CRF150F but as long as you've mastered throttle and clutch control you'll be fine.  It was very easy to ride. 

It should make an awesome single track bike for you.  The only concern I'd have is I have heard that support for Betas in Canada right now isn't great.  Talk to some Canadian Beta owners about it.  If for some reason that scares you off from the Beta, look into a KTM 150 XC-W, Husky TE150 or Yamaha YZ125X.  Here in Michigan, we've got great Beta dealers and I see a ton of them in the woods, at enduros, etc.  I got a ride on a 2020 200 because I have two different friends that are Beta dealers.  I'd have zero concerns about buying a Beta here, but I just seem to remember hearing there is some kind of issue with the Beta organization in Canada right now.

IMG_20190922_092017058.jpg.de5195884ae28cf61dfa894dcf7f2d1c.jpgIMG_20190922_092030890.jpg.e66ba1bd6ec1fef9c49c7fd381b3e698.jpgIMG_20190922_092038850.thumb.jpg.6ae88ffd435e2ac8a9330e991421c599.jpgIMG_20190922_092143756.jpg.28e59f1c7641a2fb1879f595ef09a3a6.jpg

Doc

Thank you for all the info Doc. 

I was looking at the KTM 150 XCW for quite a while but the fact that the Beta had a lower seat hight and more bottom end changed my mind about the KTM. I have tried the YZ and it just didn't have the bottom end i was looking for. I was also told that the Beta would probably be a better bike for me because i ride lots of very tight single track and a trials/enduro cross track and that the more bottom end on the Beta would go a long way in my riding. Was also told that the Beta is more peppy which would definitely be a plus in the enduro cross track. Also what were some of the problems from the previous year? 

Caleb       

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crazy caleb said:

Thank you for all the info Doc. 

I was looking at the KTM 150 XCW for quite a while but the fact that the Beta had a lower seat hight and more bottom end changed my mind about the KTM. I have tried the YZ and it just didn't have the bottom end i was looking for. I was also told that the Beta would probably be a better bike for me because i ride lots of very tight single track and a trials/enduro cross track and that the more bottom end on the Beta would go a long way in my riding. Was also told that the Beta is more peppy which would definitely be a plus in the enduro cross track. Also what were some of the problems from the previous year? 

Caleb       

I own a KTM 300 XC-W and 350 XCF-W.  So I really can't comment on issues to look out for on the Beta.  I just had a chance to ride one so I thought I'd give you my impressions.  I think it's an impressive bike and is perfect for what you describe.

Doc

13 hours ago, Doc_d said:

I own a KTM 300 XC-W and 350 XCF-W.  So I really can't comment on issues to look out for on the Beta.  I just had a chance to ride one so I thought I'd give you my impressions.  I think it's an impressive bike and is perfect for what you describe.

Doc

Thank very much for all the info you have shared. I will be doing some research on the support for Beta Canada. Thank you again and happy trails. 

• Like 1

I've also been looking at the 200RR

Does anyone have any feedback on the width of the gearbox?

Have heard that it's very narrow, but unconfirmed

Yea there's an issue with the new Beta 200rr.  They cost freakin  ten thousand dollars.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 10:14 AM, crazy caleb said:

Thank very much for all the info you have shared. I will be doing some research on the support for Beta Canada. Thank you again and happy trails. 

Just go see the dealer who sells them and ask! If it’s a good dealership you won’t have an issue....how far from your house ? That would be the biggest question for dealer support