Sign in to follow this  

Drz 125 bog at full throttle

I bought a 2019 Suzuki drz 125L used and at full throttle it bogs like crazy. While driving in 5th gear or even second gear sometimes at low rpm if I give it full throttle it dies and at idle if I give it full gas it dies. I adjusted the float height to manufactures spec and pilot/air screw to 2 and a half turns out. Not sure why it does this but it’s infuriating and for a bike so new I’m not sure why it does this, any help is appreciated!

On 9/30/2019 at 4:34 PM, Christian Dawe said:

I bought a 2019 Suzuki drz 125L used and at full throttle it bogs like crazy. While driving in 5th gear or even second gear sometimes at low rpm if I give it full throttle it dies and at idle if I give it full gas it dies. I adjusted the float height to manufactures spec and pilot/air screw to 2 and a half turns out. Not sure why it does this but it’s infuriating and for a bike so new I’m not sure why it does this, any help is appreciated!

That bike is supposed to run like that.  It's a 125cc with a tiny carb.

You can only give it full throttle when you are at least half way through the rpm range. Even then, it won't be any difference from about 3/4 throttle on up.

Very few motorcyles will allow you to go full throttle in gear from low rpms.