Anyone fit a DRZ400SM into the back of a Caravan?

"Anyone fit a DRZ400SM into the back of a Caravan?"

Gypsies.

giphy.gif

Edited by BLAM
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, filterx said:

No but if you don't want to deal with lying it down, gas, oil etc can you just not remove the front tire and put it in standing up then deal with supporting it?

This is exactly what I was thinking.

1 hour ago, C2.0 said:

Caravans have hitches that should support one of the hitch carriers if that's an option 

Plan to do this in future. My van has no hitch yet.

Not sure, but I managed to get a DRZ400S with dirt knobbies into a 2013 Ford Transit Connect. It was a tight fit with the handlebars but I still managed to squeeze it in. 

Where there is will there is a way! I'm not sure how well the soft, very soft rear springs on a Caravan would support a hitch mounted bike anyway. I know my G Caravan would be bottoming out the suspension everywhere.

Edited by shuswap1

Where there is will there is a way! I'm not sure how well the soft, very soft rear springs on a Caravan would support a hitch mounted bike anyway. I know my G Caravan would be bottoming out the suspension everywhere.

They are rated to tow like 3600 lbs or something like that. It should be fine I would think. When I had mine it didnt like to pull my boat and squatted pretty good but got the job done.

28 minutes ago, C2.0 said:
1 hour ago, shuswap1 said:

They are rated to tow like 3600 lbs or something like that. It should be fine I would think. When I had mine it didnt like to pull my boat and squatted pretty good but got the job done.

Mine bottoms against the rubber snubbers if I put any weight in the rear or more than a couple hundred # on the hitch. I've always said first thing I should do is add another leaf to the single Dodge provides. But they are a very handy vehicle, why I keep mine.

8 hours ago, Methotic said:

Taking notes. Next time I get stranded on the side of the road, I'll be flagging down all of the soccer moms for a lift LOL

LOL. Be honest, a lift won't be the only thing you ask for.

• Haha 2

I just hauled one home from Kentucky....in a Ford Escape! Really not bad.....took like 15 minutes to knock it down. Guy didn't think it would fit.

Pull rear axle, remove rear wheel. Pull front axle, loosen 4 pinch bolts,remove front wheel. 

Pull front caliper bolts, loosen 8 front fork pinch bolts, drop front forks.

Load her up. Total tools = 24mm wrench (or whatever weapon you want for the axle nuts) and a 12mm socket and extension.

I hauled my other one in a minivan complete......drain the fuel and lay it on it's right side on blocks so you don't have to worry about the brake pedal popping the case if you hit a pothole on the way.