Yz125 desert tank 3.2

Anybody ever notice that when they run a 3.2 gallon tank on a yz125 that it just feels like to much weight up front and you just have a super hard time pulling the front end up to either cross over a obstacle or just holding a wheelie when its filled up compared too a stock 2 gallon tank?? or is this just me...

• Like 1

3.2 gal. Is right at  25  lbs.   Double the original weight .....

Double? From 2 gallons to 3.2? A gallon of gas weighs, approximately, 6.3 lbs.

• Like 1

I have the 3.2 on mine. I don't notice much if any difference. It carries the weight really low. Plus I only fill it up if I need the range.

9 hours ago, Dominick Johnston said:

Anybody ever notice that when they run a 3.2 gallon tank on a yz125 that it just feels like to much weight up front and you just have a super hard time pulling the front end up to either cross over a obstacle or just holding a wheelie when its filled up compared too a stock 2 gallon tank?? or is this just me...

My son felt the difference on his 250 so no doubt there's going to be a big difference in a 125. My advice to him was shift his weight further back than normal when needing to get front up, he seems to like it now

Like Mike said, the tank if anything improves the bikes handling characteristics. Flat corners like a monster. And they still have plenty of power to lift the front wheel. Here's my 125:20190920_162603.jpeg

Zip Ty made by IMS puts the fuel lower in CG. You might be experiencing a higher CG and that throws the 125 bike worse than the 250. 

Zip Ty made by IMS puts the fuel lower in CG. You might be experiencing a higher CG and that throws the 125 bike worse than the 250. 

Is there anyway to fix ? This is the tank I have.

4 hours ago, Dominick Johnston said:

Is there anyway to fix ? This is the tank I have.DF741DCC-9930-4164-8C8B-874DC64DAFEF.thumb.jpg.8d403f2f8bcd5f1e25c7897a926df330.jpg

That appears to be a Clark. The only fix, is replace, otherwise learn and live with it. 

Don't think it make a huge difference when full. 

I have the same Clarke tank. Remember it's a 125 and no matter the size tank it's going to need a bit of throttle and clutch. They won't lift the wheel without being in the powerband. The Clarke tank is fine don't bother replacing it

Is there anyway to fix ? This is the tank I have.DF741DCC-9930-4164-8C8B-874DC64DAFEF.thumb.jpg.8d403f2f8bcd5f1e25c7897a926df330.jpg

On 9/30/2019 at 11:01 PM, bweighmaster said:

3.2 gal. Is right at  25  lbs.   Double the original weight .....

Could you elaborate? Is the oem tank filled up at 2 gallons is 12.5 lb and the zip ty at 3.2 gallon is 25 lb?