WR450 Supermoto motor help!

2016 wr450. Need some help or direction. I need some more hp out of the bike. I'm getting out run by the huskys and ktms on my local kart track. 

I'm too far into the bike, money wise to bail. Beringer brakes, fully revalved suspension. Alpina wheels... Current motor set up is fmf header and can. Comp ecu. All the free mods. Running a map I have for my YZF mx bike that I tweaked some. Not sure where I need to go next. Looking like there's not much support for the 16+ wr's. No cams. No data on supermoto maps. 

Would a Dyno tune get me anything? What are my options with that bike? Gearing is correct for the couple of tracks i ride. It feels or seems like I'd need say 5 more HP to the wheel. 

I have a 15' YZ450 and it runs about dead even with the FS 450s at the track. They may even pull me a tad but I am a bigger guy at 245 without gear so that probably makes more difference than any HP difference. The big issue you are going to have is the wide ratio tranny. For the tight kart tracks it is hard to compete with the close ratio mx bikes.

There is things you can do. Make sure your gearing is spot on. If you want some extra hp I would send the head to Geoff. This guy is a serious hp expert he will find it. 

Might be best to get another head and send it to him to get done. They also make a 470cc kit and you can tapper bore your throttle body. Opening up the intake shrouds seemed to help punch on mine. 

http://www.ford-y-block.com/atvkits.htm

Edited by SteveThe Snakes
  • Like 1