Would anyone be interested in custom fork conversion solutions (milled CNC)?

I'm thinking about having a stem and triples made to put CRF150R forks on the CRF150F. I wonder, if someone else has similar desires. Any non-OEM fork on any bike, really. I suppose brake adapters and axles would be possible, as well. 

• Like 2

I'm familiar with your resources. But I want a USD fork and CNC triples. 2 birds and all that. 

• Like 1

There are CNC top triples available for the Show 37 USD forks used on the CR80/85, CRF150R, and RM80. I have the Outlaw version and the extra rigidity does help steering, as does the larger CRF150R axle.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chuck. said:

There are CNC top triples available for the Show 37 USD forks used on the CR80/85, CRF150R, and RM80. I have the Outlaw version and the extra rigidity does help steering, as does the larger CRF150R axle.

what are you running for the stem and the lower?

• Like 1

Stock Showa lower and XR250R stem. Honda likes to use different dimensions on parts so they can't be mis assembled. The mini bike stem is steel but is pressed in because the lower triple is aluminum, if it were steel the stem would be welded. The XR250R stem is about 0.015" smaller than the mini bike stem so I used a bearing repair compound good for about 0.020" gaps. I cleaned both surfaces with acetone, applied the compound, assembled the forks with both triples and stem, tightened the clamp bolts, and let them cure for for 24 hours.  I've been using that triple and stem for almost 10 years and never had a problem.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, bajatrailrider said:
31 minutes ago, RedMesa said:
Just for reference, here is the complete 400R process: 
http://bit.ly/2Rgnujo

What a expert job you do on write ups.

Thanks, mostly just organize all the great content in these threads

Edited by RedMesa

6 hours ago, RedMesa said:

Thanks, mostly just organize all the great content in these threads

You do it with such detail even I could do it. Im real bad to try to study reports and do the job but you have a art in details

19 hours ago, bajatrailrider said:

You do it with such detail even I could do it. Im real bad to try to study reports and do the job but you have a art in details

Thanks. Main thing is the computer on the workbench. I forget everything as soon as I go in the house. Type in Google Docs and the web version automatically updates.

• Like 1

Hmmm, I’d be interested in up to two “custom XR400R forks conversion kits” for my two 2003 California-license-plated CRF230F’s that currently have CR80/85-CRF150R upside-down forks installed (I’m not sure exactly which forks they are; I only do about half of my own work on bikes, and less and less the older I get).  The current forks are way better than the stock ones, but I have a Works Performance reservoir shock and a Fox Podium shock on the rears (and I’ve got a new back-up Podium just in case) and would like some more front plushness for the mostly steep/rough/slow-to-moderate-speed single track trail riding that I prefer.  My bike currently with the Fox shock has an “Outlaw” type front end.  I’d like to convert the other bike’s front end to the XR400R-type and try it before doing the second, “Outlaw” bike’s such conversion, though. 

ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED IN “CUSTOM XR400R FORKS CONVERSION KITS”?!

NOTE:  If said front XR400R conversion(s) work(s) out, I’d have one or two CR80/85-CRF150R front set-ups for sale to an interested party(-ies)!

Edited by BSAVictor
  • Like 1