Extra suspension parts?

I race a 2018 250XC. I have 80hrs on stock suspension and know it needs checked pretty bad. Yesterday found a guy on Facebook probably willing to sell me a second (brand new) set of the exact same AER 48 forks for $1,000 cash. I think it would be awesome to have an extra set of forks to have my originals worked on while I continue to ride.

My question here for you guys is what are your thoughts on spending the extra money for the other set of forks? Anybody else here done that? Was it worth it in your opinion? What are the reasons you wouldn’t if not?

IMG_6883.JPG

I race a 2018 250XC. I have 80hrs on stock suspension and know it needs checked pretty bad. Yesterday found a guy on Facebook probably willing to sell me a second (brand new) set of the exact same AER 48 forks for $1,000 cash. I think it would be awesome to have an extra set of forks to have my originals worked on while I continue to ride.

My question here for you guys is what are your thoughts on spending the extra money for the other set of forks? Anybody else here done that? Was it worth it in your opinion? What are the reasons you wouldn’t if not?

If you like your current forks and can get an extra set why not? I have 2 sets of forks as I was not thrilled with the aer in the rocks. I spent a bit more for some spheres and now use the aer as back up.
  • Like 1

I have two identical sets of suspension. I love it. I keep one set stock so I can occasionally check my modifications against a known setup. I can alway ride, and I have the ability to quickly swap to test on the exact same conditions back to back. It’s the best!

• Like 1

You should check eBay first and save $200... There were a lot on there for $800 brand new last I checked.

• Like 1